As a dive professional with 30 years of diving experience, I would recommend St George's Caye resort over any other resort in Belize, or anywhere else on the Caribbean Central America Coast.
St George's was the first of two professional dive resorts in Belize, and they chose the best Belize had to offer in picking this site. The resort has a long history of providing quality dive experiences to the discriminating diver. It is 20 minutes from Belize city, so easy to get to the resort, and back to the attractions offered on the mainland. There are over 300 dive sites close by, and it is easy to get over the reef and to the best sites.
The resort itself is classy, secluded and private. If you have ever been to the "big dive destinations" like Cozumel or Ambergris Caye, you know that dive trips consist of a mega hotel with cafeteria food, a water bus ride to a close by site which is only as difficult as the least experienced diver can handle, 20 minute bottom time and back to the boat.
My experience at St Georges Caye was custom tailored to my experience level, and epic. Jose has been diving at the resort for 20 years, and learned from a legend in the diving world. The diving there knocked my socks off. It was impossible to edit down all the terrific underwater video we shot.
The resort itself was a close knit family experience where we all dined together every night. We were the only divers there at that particular time, so it was fun to share stories around the table every night about everyone's day. The cook was new, and she put her heart into delicious family meals. The night we asked her to come up so we could applaud that evening dinner brought a few tears out. I will forward out a copy of my dive video, so you can contact the owner to see for yourself.
Jim and Carla
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes