“Paradise ...a little peace of Heaven”

St. George's Caye Resort
Reviewed 22 January 2011

For a cozy , peaceful , romantic getaway this is the place. This was my husband & I second trip in six months. The staff is awesome! They do everything but wipe your mouth.
Danny the chief surely deserves the title "Master Chief ". Leona can/will relax your body with those heavenly hands. A spa treatment with her is a definite must have. We also met some wonderful people that I'd surely like to run across again. Thank you again, St. George's Cayes Resort for yet another fabulous vacation. Yes, we're planning a third trip.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 December 2010

When planning my vacation I looked for 2 things, simple relaxation in a luxurious environment and adventure. Upon arrival to the island I was greeted with friendly staff and refreshments, escorted on a short tour of the grounds and shown the thatched hut cabana that would be where I would get the best sleep I can remember having. The door of the cabin opened onto the east side of the island which meant I was able to wake up early enough to open the front door, crawl back into bed and watch the sun rise over the water.

My adventures included diving the blue hole, 2 other reef dives, cave tubing, snorkeling and zip lining. If I wasnt busy with these excursions I was on the beach reading my novel sipping on pina colodas and awaiting my massage from Leonie.

If you go you must get a massage from Leonie. After wards you'll simply walk around feeling like you've been transported to another world. She has great hands and is truely gifted.

Best vacation ever, this was my second trip to Belize, and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RLCC
Reviewed 11 October 2010

OK, prepare for a rave. My husband and I had 10 days, limited funds, and a great need for a peaceful. restful vacation. After much research, we ended up at St, George's Caye Resort in Belize. I can tell you without hesitation, this was the best vacation, the best value for the money, the best time we have ever had. First, the people at St. George's Caye start taking care of you from the first inquiry, and they are there for you throughout the process and the stay. Our lovely cabana was right on the beach, and a very short walk from the dining room and lounge. The hammock on our porch (they are on every porch and sprinkled throughout the resort) got a great deal of use! The bed was extremely comfortable (we spent a good deal of time there, resting, reading and napping) - but that's not to say there weren't other great things to do. Lunches on the sand bar, snorkeling trips, diving, adventures to Mayan Ruins, Cave Tubing and Zip Lining are but a few of the many opportunities to explore and actually move from the hammock. The on site salinated pool was a place we also spent a good deal of time, and star watching at night was wondrous. The food was great - real Belizian food, beautifully prepared - was satisfying and fresh. The staff - every single person - was wonderful, responsive, loving. They made us feel like they genuinely wanted to care for us. We left feeling like we'd made lifelong friends. The spa services are wonderful too. Ask for Leonie if you want t great massage! I can't rave enough - this was a vacation that for us, was a dream come true. We completely relaxed, had small adventures, and fell in love with a place and its people. We will definitely go back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrimatePrincess
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Thanks to Teri and Nick and all the warm, friendly staff at St. George's for ensuring our ten days on their 'piece of paradise' was perfection. The highlight for our family (parents and 17 year old) was definitely the scuba diving. I don't think we missed a day out on the water and we extend our appreciation particularly to Jose and Freddie who were both extremely capable (and fun) DMs and Boat Captains. We've logged over 100 dives over the past four years since we were certified and my son says his best dive EVER was the night dive with Jose (too bad Mom & Dad decided to miss this one dive and stayed back to enjoy the beach BBQ.) This was our second dive trip to Belize and our first 'higher end' all inclusive experience in diving. The food was excellent and every need was looked after. We enjoyed the meetings around the bar before dinner and the family-type seating for meals. We also appreciated having lunch on the reef one day. We had some concerns travelling here in the summer months but the weather was just fine. (Our experience was very similar to Jeff's from Calgary "Perfect Scuba and more..." on Trip Advisor). Our son mastered Windsurfing and had a hand at fishing/kayaking as well. The pool and spa was lovely...thanks again! Our first week of diving was at Glovers Atol Resort..very different experience (not pampered at all) but equally enjoyable, exciting and best of all, terrific diving. Shame about the lionfish...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2010

First of all I want to say it was a wonderful and unique experience at St. George's Caye Resort. It was so beautiful, relaxed and calming. Just what I needed! I was so taken with how warm and friendly everyone is. The resort is a very special place. The local diving was wonderful and I was thrilled to be able to capture the "Bernie" (nickname)from Belize seahorse in the lagoon on camera and "Mini Bernie" under the jet ski dock. A dream come true for me!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This resort was absolutely perfect in just about every one of our criterion.
They picked us up at the airport and treated us like royalty from then onward.
They helped with our luggage that the airlines had delayed by a day. The pickup driver drove us around to get some temporary items in Belize City and then they picked up the bags at the airport the next day for us - they were more worried about the bags than we were.
The food was great - our only complaint would be that there was too much of it and it was so good we were all prone to overeat!
Jose and Freddy were fantastic dive masters and they took care of everything - including all of our gear between and after dives. We saw Loggerhead Turtles, lobsters, sting rays, Eagle Rays, Bull Shark, Spotted Eels, Giant Crabs and many more creatures.
Our two teenage boys had a great time (13 and 15) - they certified in Calgary before we went and they had tonnes of fun - I always felt that Jose and Freddy were taking good care of them.
The kids mastered windsurfing while at the resort and anytime they needed anything the resort staff was there to help.
The boats were clean and modern and well equipped.
The kids caught fish off the dock one day an the cook did a wonderful job cooking them up for lunch.
The resort is a couples resort - our kids had a great time because they play very well together. It is not a resort for kids under 10 years old and I would hesitate to show up with just one kid since there is not other kids to play with. As long as your kids play well with each other and are into SCUBA - this is the place.
We were there in the rainy season - yet it was just about always sunny and the rain was mostly in quick storms that blew through in a hour or so and mostly at night.
The island is skinny and the wind just blows across it - which keep the bugs away most of the time.
The entire staff was wonderful and Teri and Nick made sure everything was always perfect.
We highly recommend that you go and visit this resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff_from_Calgary
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We (my mom and I) were picked up the airport promptly and it went uphill from there! It was a quick van and boat ride out to the resort where we were treated like royalty. The resort is small and intimate so the staff waits on you hand and foot. If there is ANYthing you want to do, they'll make it happen. The food was gourmet and the cabana's (we stayed on the lagoon) were super cute! The beach front is not dredged so swimming isn't great, but it allows for more fish to be close in to the shore. We went snokeling one day and on a cave tubbing trip another day, both excursions were organized, fun and educational. We also got massages, I recommend one! Another fun thing to do is to walk down to the little aquarium, it's like 3-6$ and totally worth it, a little boy runs it and he's the next Jaque Cousto (sp?) Yes, it's expensive to stay here, but if you want to unwind and be pampered, it's worth it, the staff is just wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2010
Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza
Blackbird Caye Resort
Blackbird Caye Resort
#3 of 3 in Turneffe Island

Been to St. George's Caye Resort? Share your experiences!