“Fantastic lunch at an unbeatable price”

Chateau de la Treyne
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lacave
Price range: US$61 - US$160
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

While staying in the Lot region, we had lunch at this beautiful Chateau. It was a beautiful day so lunch was served on the terrace overlooking the Dordogne river. We chose the €46 menu, and the three courses of food that followed was faultless, supplemented nicely by a beautiful Chardonnay chosen by our attentive waiter. I would have happily paid twice as much for this experience, and we will definitely return

Reviewed 12 August 2014

One of our best meals in France. Service excellent as well. Beautiful setting on outdoor terrace overlooking the Dordogne River.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place. The location on the Dordogne River can't be beat. If you want to feel like a princess or better yet a queen, this is the place! Everything is nothing short of magical here: the gardens and surrounding forest with walking trails, the castle itself which was lovingly restored and is beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques, the warm hospitality of the owner and the professional and knowledgable longtime staff and excellent and talented gourmet chef... Well, I could go on and on but this is the place where I would have liked to check in earlier and stay longer or never check out. It feels like how I'd imagine heaven and the Garden of Eden. Enough said? I feel fortunate having been here twice and hope that my husband and I are able to enjoy this place well into our Golden years. I recommend requesting a room with a river view.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The setting here is truly magically. The Chateau is stunning, positioned right on the edge of the river with nothing but tree's surrounding it. We chose the chefs des grands classiques menu @ 116euro p.p. First a asparagus & egg salad, the flavours sublime, so fresh, so different... then lobster & potato salad with meat sauce, once again perfectly balanced, the millie feuille of beef & foie gras was very tasty & presented beautifully but not in my opinion a sensation... however the lemon tart was a absolute taste/texture knock out!! The pastry feather light melt in your mouth, the lemon filling a perfect sweet/sour balance & the salted butter toffee ice cream a fabulous flavour combination... The wine list is huge as you would expect. The ambience & food are well worth the euro's you pay.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Perfectly prepared and presented! Foie gras so fab, I had it every nite. Dessert is not to be missed. The chef and his staff surely merit the Michelin star if not 2!