“Perfect after first day skiing”

Les Grands Bains de Monetier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Visited with my mum. It was our first day skiing in 2 years and we were very achey. We upgraded to access the adults only section however some of the adults behave worse than the children! We also rented towels which made life easier. I think 2 hours was plenty to spend here. I loved the sun lounger shaped bits to lie on outside, lovely to watch the sunset. A bit pricey but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

All reviews
"spring"
"payment"
"jets"

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We visited the facility last week as we needed a day off skiing. The facility itself seems well kept and clean. There are different baths to try of varying temperature and feature. The problem was that the baths were completely overcrowded to a level of awkwardness. Worth a visit but don't expect to stay longer than an hour.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

You'd think at the prices they charge they'd restrict entrance so that the pool was not unbearably crowded, but this is not the case.

Children absolutely everywhere including making noise in the quiet areas.
There was a band playing outside on the day we were there and that was a lot of fun.

The adult only area ( at an additional 7.5 euros cost) is more pleasant but has limited attractions including a tiny outdoor hot tub. We finally got a turn in it and it was amazing to watch the stars come out in the sky.

No water fountains either, so I was parched by the time I left.

I was going to return another day but it was queued out past the doors so I figured there wouldn't be much chance of a relaxing visit so saved my money.

Might be better if you go during the day when everyone else is skiing.

1  Thank joaniebinedinburgh
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Its a public baths, not really a "spa" You have to wear tight fitting Speedo type swimwear if you're a male, (including pre-pubescent boys), girls you can wear anything you like! The argument was something to do with hair ??? though no compulsoary swim hats, thank goodness! If you don't have the regulation swimwear you will be sent out to purchase some from the shop who were doing a roaring trade. I saw quite a bit of hair caught up on the rough surfaces around the pool, YUK, so not convinced on the swimwear policy! Many different areas - the calderium, frigidarium, steam and sauna areas and outdoor heated pool with amazing views of the mountains. Also the music relaxation pool is lovely. Like I said though, its a public baths and the showers are shared - You can have fun for about 1 ½ hrs then I'd had enough, children absolutely loved it thats why I gave 4 stars, I wouldn't bother if just adults, its quite pricey esp if you all have to purchase trunks too - towels can be rented for 4E - don't forget to take your own!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I nearly didn't come to the Spa, mainly due to poor Trip Advisor postings. However on the recommendation of another couple who visited last week, we did go one afternoon after skiing. The place isn't your top Spa Hotel at £90.00 This is a public spa at 20euros. and was well worth it. The place had plenty of variety and for 2 hours provided a great relax after a days ski. The ski bus dropped us off at the door, and returned from same place. Yes you need speedo pants (like most french pools) also take a tool to save 4euros. The changing rooms were simple to use and offered privacy. The main spa, yes did have some flaking paint work...but this is a spa set in very moist atmosphere, and like most paints would expect some flake under those conditions.The pools were excellent from very cold to 40+. Outside pool offered the chance to sit and take in the mountain views whilst relaxing in the hot waters. Overall of the 6 people who went from our chalet this week, 6 all agreed was excellent 2 hours for a relative cost of 20 euros each.