The second leg of our holiday took us tp Puligny Montrachet and Olivier Leflaive's. We spent 2 nights in the Chambre Soleil and superlatives would not come close to describing our experience. The room, the staff, the food and the wine were all beyond reproach. Particularly impressive was the fact that the wine takes precedence over the food...quite rightly so given its location. The winetasting meal was a tour de force although interestingly I found the Chassagne Montrachet superior and the others the Meursault. That is not to say the Puligny Montrachet was not excellent, it certainly was but not the best. This is a superb hotel which does justice to the illustrious region it is situated in. It is not cheap but it is worth the indulgence. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building dates from the 17th century, nestling at the heart of the village of Puligny-Montrachet. An interior garden and a spacious lounge are invitations to draw corks and taste. But what really defines the character of the place are the 13 spacious, light-filled bedrooms. These have been designed as intimate, comfortable spaces, where flat-screen TV, internet-access, DVD-players, air-conditioning and inside shutters are standard.One might choose a documentary about a famous, local wine, or from the wide choice available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your La Maison d'Olivier Leflaive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison d`Olivier Leflaive Hotel Puligny-Montrachet
- La Maison D'Olivier Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet, France - Burgundy