Loved this hotel the first time .... I was so impressed by the location and in fact still think it is a very lovely village and the square is so quiet and pretty too. We both loved the restaurant the first time in April, felt it really deserved its Michelin star and the breakfast was excellent, if possibly a little dear at 17 euros per person, but very fine qality and service.
We had a great room in the new annexe, large and spacious with private parking, definitely the best part of the hotel to be, our room was in the main building on our second visit and not quite so perfect, though absolutely pristinely clean and the bathroom was new and had natural light.
The restaurant disappointed us a little as the menu has changed very little and in fact we ate the same dishes as the last time due to the lack of choice and seasonal variety. I must say the snails are among the finest i have ever eaten. Our main course was not up to standard .... so all in all I would like to say, yes it was good, but not as tiptop as I first thought. Or is it the awful August syndrome? I did not expect this here ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a famous Burgundy wine-producing village in the heart of the Côte de Beaune, Le Montrachet is the gateway to all the pleasures of an exceptional region. In an incomparable setting, Le Montrachet offers you a genuine Burgundian experience: outstanding wines, authentic cuisine, warmth and expertise. Just a few kilometres from Beaune and its famous Hospices and also close to numerous wineries well known to lovers of Burgundy wine the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Montrachet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Montrachet Hotel Puligny-Montrachet
- Le Montrachet Puligny-Montrachet, France - Burgundy