We stay at this hotel about 4 times a year. This is a great place to stay if you're taking the ferry from St Malo but want somewhere away from the hubbub of St Malo itself. It's got a really good restaurant which isn't cheap but the food (particularly their signature amuse bouche) is very good. If you want something a little more relaxed in atmosphere and cheaper then it's only about 3 miles to Cancale with its numerous seafront cafes and restaurants - go to the far end of the front and either buy oysters fresh from the market stalls and sit and eat them on the waterfront or enjoy the relaxed atmosphere at Victor's on the corner. En route to Cancale is an Intermarche for stocking up on groceries for the return home.
Anyway, back to the hotel - the nicest rooms are those overlooking the garden and they also have the bonus of being nearest to the hotel's indoors swimming pool. The other bonus of the hotel is that, unlike St Malo, parking is more than sufficient and right outside the hotel and - with a car loaded with other baggage and bikes etc - has always been safe overnight. The only slight downside is breakfast - it's not very exciting and the restaurant always feels a bit formal as a breakfast venue. That said, they equally happily serve you breakfast in your room so that's the better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A PLACE TO DISCOVER THAT YOU WILL LONG TO RETURN TO Ideally situated a few kilometres from the towns of Cancale and Saint-Malo, 4 star hotel Tirel Guerin and its restaurant reflect the region. The establishment, originally opened in 1936, has, over the decades, cultivated the very best in hospitality and gastronomy. AN IDYLLIC LOCATION FOR A CHARMING HOTEL Whether you are looking for the finest French cuisine , for a relaxing weekend for two or for a longer stay with the family, La Maison Tirel Guerin and its 57 guest-rooms offer you a perfect place to stay. A SPACE DEDICATED TO WELL-BEING WHERE RELAXATION IS KEY On your visit, discover the deep roots of this unusual establishment. Bathe in its unique atmosphere, imagine you are relaxing in the space dedicated to well-being, relax in the heated indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi, savour the generous, sophisticated cuisine, you have arrived. It feels like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maison Tirel-Guerin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Tirel-Guerin Hotel Saint-Meloir-Des-Ondes
- Maison Tirel-Guerin Saint-Meloir-Des-Ondes, France - Brittany