Ankobra Beach Resort
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade breadother hotelsgerman couplelocal communityown gardensustainable developmentspent weeksfood is excellentwarm watervery nice placesound of the wavesrivermanagementafricahutsparadisebeach
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We enjoyed an oasis of privacy and rest with first class service and food. Our nice designed chalet offered all needed comfort and we loved the restaurant and the very helpful team. Within a wonderful nature we found also very interesting concepts of soft tourism, environment protection connected with local area development. Next time we will stay longer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rita Andreas M
Reviewed 17 January 2014

If you are in Ghana and want to enjoy the beach in an exclusive environment: this is the place to go.
The beach is beautiful and well kept and the premises of the resort are spectacular. Wonderful gardens and very stilish and comfortable rooms and huts.

Service is outstanding! All staff is very friendly and do their best to make you stay as comfortable as possible. Little anecdote: I trashed my flip-flops and the assistant manager just donated me her beautiful sandals! :) I was also generously given several plants for my own little garden in Accra and have now a piece of Ankobra Beach Resort in my own home.

Last but not least: the foooood! Creative, local, fresh and absolutely delicous!

I cant wait for my next chance to go there again!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilka2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014

you're happy when you arrive in this paradisiac protected part of ocean coast. The thick green carpet floats under coconut trees, colorful bushes are all around, bungalows are perfect, only a german lady who rules this paradise never smile, she is too serious with guests - she's maybe too proud of her perfectly ruled place. I prefer if she should be slightly more charismatic, like her daughter.
Go down to the ocean, lay down and listen ocean music made by waves breaking foam head on sand.
The Cabernet Sauvignon from South Africa was perfect - we drank 4 bottles to accompany our two lunches.
The breeze in restaurant is a great pleasure, it's never hot, it is much more hot around bungalows but AC works good. When it works !!!!, we had some serie of breaks of electricity which deranged AC engine, but fan worked.
Anyway - you have made a good choice to be here…….

Room Tip: all bungalows are OK, bigger ones are with our balcony, but you have so much space that you do not need really your balcony - all the beach is your great balcony…...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amoureux a
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have stayed in Ankobra beach for 7 days and I cannot remember one place where it is as beautiful as it is here.
The beach is amazing, like painted - it is really authentic with everything a real beach needs. There are little pavillions self made by the locals, there is always a beach bed available (as it is not crowded), the staff brings you mojitos and food. It is even possible to have dinner at the beach. In the night times they even light a fire. After dinner you can chill at the beach bar or on one of the tables. Of course it is also possible to eat in the restaurant.
The staff is really friendly. After a few days you start remembering their names and having small chats with them about like everything. It is a such a nice atmosphere in the resort. You feel almost home. The management Assistant Larissa is always around and cares about you in a really warm and familiar manner. And you can have a lots of fun with that girl....(the "real" Management was not around - they seemed to have holiday)
I would always always always come back as I had an unbelievable good time here I won't ever forget.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2013

All around this was an excellent place to stay. The service was friendly and went out of their way to help us. Every food item was tasty. The hotel and grounds are kept well clean. The location is beautiful and peaceful, with plenty of activities around. This is a place to recommend to our friends to visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a different special location to see.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple