“Can Aisha - A slice of paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Can Aisha

Can Aisha
Ranked #4 of 11 Es Pujols B&B and Inns
london
“Can Aisha - A slice of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The only complaint I have about Can Aisha is that I wasnt there long enough. What a great place to stay. After 4 full on days of little sleep on Ibiza, this was the perfect place to end our holiday. We spent 5 on Formentera and I had already been told how beautiful the island was so I wanted some accommodation to accompany our stay. After some research and reviews we found Can Aisha and I cannot be happier with the place. Based in Es Pujols, a very central and livelier part of the island, Can Aisha houses only 5 separate bedrooms, a small swimming pool, breakfast and lounge facilities along with some wooden framed poolside beds with white drapes and loungers lining the courtyard area. Although only a small bed and breakfast style studio accommodation, the island is so beautiful you'll want to spend your days at the beach. This beats hands down any large 5 star chain you may think of visiting or bedsit apartments above a row of shops. This was a great base for us to sleep, chill and eat breakfast. (which was was fresh every day and the service was great)

Upon arrival we checked in and had to inform the very helpful owner, Ayesha, that we needed some transportation in the form of quad bike (quad or moped is the best way to get around) and that I had unfortunately lost my phone so could she call on our behalf. Within the next 20 minutes our quad bike had been delivered and she had contacted the cab firm and ferry company to ask whether my phone had been handed in. Although my phone was now lost, the care and attention taken to address my issue, which wasn't really her concern was superb and greatly appreciated.

Can Aisha was extremely clean with a whitewash and shabby chic look to it, which pleased the eye of my girlfriend. The rooms were very cosy, with a decent sized bathroom and kitchen area, comfortable bed and open patio porch with some seating. The amenities were sufficient in case you wanted to cook your own food but with the superb quality of local cuisine there really isn't any point.

The location is very close to the best beaches and restaurants on the island. I get the impression that Formentera is either a very close knit island where local business owners know each other and refer each others businesses or that Ayesha is just very well connected as she put us in touch with who we needed to speak to. If you cant be bothered to go to the beach for a perfect sunset, you can run up to the roof and capture some gorgeous views looking out over the island towards Ibiza and Es Vedra as the sun sets over the ocean

Ayesha was kind enough to sit us down and run through some 'must sees' on the island, and highlighted some recommendations on a map. She made some great food recommendations which we'd rush back. We ate at Es Moli de Sal and Can Paciencies to name a few.

Can Aisha was a perfect place for us to unwind from a couple of hectic full on days on Ibiza but allowed our holiday to continue instead of heading back to the UK for an instant end to our vacation. We were perfectly relaxed and I honestly think the surroundings and facilities of Can Aisha helped.

I'm not one for writing reviews and I cannot normally be bothered to spend the time doing so. But i was so impressed, I felt obliged. I feel like I dont need to stay anywhere else on the island if we return as I have already found paradise.
Ayesha - Thank you very much for your hospitality

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms and we were in room number 5, i assume they are all the same. This very basic...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cloveridge

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

When my husband and I arrived at Can Aisha we were just so delighted we had chosen to stay here. From the moment you peek through the whitewashed doorway the tensions of normal life just melt away! The studios are perfect. Everything has been considered and practicality does not sacrifice the high end decor and design. Comfy beds, almost silent air conditioning, funky I-pod docking system, well appointed bathroom, quality linen and by no means least, your own little kitchen and private outdoor terrace with cushions and candles. Breakfasts are a triumph. Order your choice of eggs and then tuck in to the fresh breads, tomatoes, cheese, meats, cereals and fresh fruit and juices. I would breakfast like that everyday if I could! The courtyard pool and day beds are a wonderful place to read a book or have an early evening snooze. The way things work at Can Aisha is that you are taken care of at breakfast and the reception is manned for a couple of hours up until lunch time, but after that you are left to your own devices. So if you are looking for a place to be waited on with cocktails and snacks throughout the day, this is not for you. Personally this discreet type of pared back service is totally my cup of tea. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seabird0
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Absolutely stunning place - the rooms were more like studios with kitchen facilities and private terraces. One of the most incredible places I've ever stayed. The breakfasts were fine (but might have been good to have a staff member more visible at that time to replenish stocks). Service was good, but most of the time the place seemed to be unmanned.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

It may have taken a while to find this little gem (do not trust your iPhone's GPS - even though it basically takes you outside the amazing Capri restaurant!) but when we arrived we stepped into a little bit of paradise. I say "a little" because Can Aisha is compact but bursting with character. Unfortunately no one was there to great us, which I would have preferred, however they left a polite note on the door with clear instructions regarding about our room, wifi code etc. The rooms are a reflection of the entire hotel, compact and characterful, and you have everything you need for a relaxing holiday. The location is is exceptionally convenient, no matter if your walking, cycling or driving. If you manage to stay in this compact haven you will not be disappointed. Though a word of advice: make sure you confirm your booking IN WRITING as a couple of our friends were sorely disappointed after receiving an email the day before arriving, stating that Can Aisha was fully booked...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natasha984
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Can Aisha is heaven. Our stay was wonderful in every way - I simply cannot fault the place. It was a complete treat for us, so idyllic. The breakfasts were delicious, the decor is stunning, and the location is suprisingly convenient: a 2 min cycle into Es Pujols or a 5 min walk down a secluded path. I can see us returning to Formentera many times in the future and we will always choose Can Aisha. I cannot recommend it highly enough. (But I don't want it to get too popular!)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
alicante
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

our second time in Formentera this year, the first for just a day trip from Ibiza, but we loved this island at once, so booked to go back. from taking the ferry from the old town, only 30 minutes away and a service run by 3 different companies, we didnt book just took the first one to leave (maybe if you go in peak season you have to book....this was september). Arriving in Formentera we just hired a quad put our hand cases on the back and zipped of to Can Aisha. When booking we got sent details of how to find the place and this was very handy to take note as there are no big signposts. we had no trouble and as we were late arriving on the back door we found our names and what studio we were in. The studios are just lovely, very clean and well equiped so if you did want you walk to the little supermarket and stock up with goodies you could. Nice modern bathroom, bedding looked lovely, a basket of towels out and all amienties even the air conditioner was left on so the room was cool when we walked in. Breakfast is served outside and with homemade jams, chilled music, and a lovely atmosphere, we just cannot wait to get back but this time for a week. Can Aisha is in a good position that you have nightlife and good resturants and bars should you wish for them and a quad was a great way to explore little Formentera, we found the most beautiful beaches and lovely settings by just driving down dusty beach roads with no idea where we were going, but its the best way and Formentera being only 17 k long...you will not get lost.

Room Tip: they all looked fab, but if you dont like to be to enclosed ask for a room that has bushes arround r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
West Sussex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Just came back from Formentera, spent 5 nights at Can Aisha, fabulous place, very relaxing, great facilities and delicious breakfast. Ana is the best host! We'll definitely come back and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
Hotel Riu La Mola
Hotel Riu La Mola
#1 of 4 in Migjorn
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,157 reviews

Been to Can Aisha? Share your experiences!