Hesperia Lanzarote
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Costa Calero(Puerto Calero)
Villa Diama(Puerto Calero)
Terrazas(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Los Pueblos Apartments(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Europa Hotel(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
Blue Sea Los Fiscos(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Europa Apartamentos(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel THB Flora(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
BelleVue Aquarius(Puerto Del Carmen)
5,335 results
All reviewsdrago barpool barpuerto calero marinasea viewdesigner shopslovely hotelfive star hotelel riscoa la carte restaurantsbuffet restaurantbed and breakfaststandard roomspa facilitiesupgraded to a suiterelaxing holidaycoastal pathmain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Was rather nervous about visiting because of all the negative reviews but fortunately didn't experience the problems these guests seemed to encounter. There were always plenty of sun beds and space around the pool, and service was consistently good. Have no complaints at all about the staff. Food in the main buffet restaurant was also good and the room was clean and comfortable enough. We were a bit disappointed that the pontoon wasn't available, as entering and exiting the sea from the stony beach was not easy, particularly when the sea was a bit choppy. All inclusive choice of drinks was good, though it would be nice to have some of the minibar included in the AI - particularly soft drinks. We ended up smuggling glass bottles of water out of the restaurant on more than one occasion in the morning as a result. Wifi was so slow and kept timing out so was effectively unusable. The location of the hotel is great - 10 minutes walk to the rather swish harbour of Puerto Calero, an hours walk to Puerto del Carmen and in the other direction, about 40 minutes to the delightful Quemada. We would definitely return despite the few niggles with the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have just come back from a week at the hotel and it was great apart from 2 things... Firstly the waiting staff were inefficient and kept forgetting drinks orders which is quite frustrating when all you asked for is coffee at breakfast and other than drinks the only job they have is clearing away and setting up! Had to ask again after 10 mins at least half of the week. That's just a little niggle but the main complaint is that we didn't realise that the hideous stench we had when the balcony door was open was from the sceptic tank that was under the decking of the private beach just below. They emptied it the day before we left so felt it was too late to complain and had just thought it was strong smell of sulphur from the thermal water. It caused lots of flies around the balcony which was another reason for keeping doors shut whilst there. So, apart from not wanting to be anywhere near rooms 365, 465, etc I would happily recommend the hotel otherwise. I might add that these rooms seem to be the kids rooms which are great rooms internally but seems a bit out of order to have children near poo! :-/

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went here in October half term. I would have cancelled the trip if I could have done as all the negative feedback on trip adviser put me off. We couldn't so we went. I emailed the hotel before we went and I have to say they were very helpful.
The hotel is clean and spacious. Sun beds this was my worst fear. The hotel have invested in some new ones and there were strict notices around asking people not to reserve them. People didn't and it was fantastic. There were free sun beds available all day in one location or another.

The staff were all lovely and all worked really hard. The dining area was my only gripe as they didn't have enough staff on to do the cooking and someone was cooking fish then meat and then something else. My husband went down with food poisoning on day 2 and had it for a further 7 days. He lost nearly a stone in weight and when we returned to our GP in the UK he said it was serious. I went to the chemist in Lanzarote as we had run out of immodium and she said it was the 5th case that day and it was her last pack!!!! The chemist told me to tell the hotel. I told the head waiter who couldn't have given a dam! When we checked out I mentioned it and the receptionist was really apologetic and couldn't do enough for me asking if I would like to keep my room until we went. It was nice to feel someone cared as the head waiter clearly didn't. Chloe is a real asset to the reception team.

Overall the hotel is good value for money. I think they need to get the food sorted out but on the whole it was good and plenty to choose from. The wine was good too and you could have a bottle on the table not mess around with glasses.

We didn't go to the entertainment as its not our scene.

Would I go back yes I would.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WOODWARDS1
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our fourth visit to the hotel and extremely disappointing. The hotel was overcrowded which meant that even at 8.00am in the morning out of season, you were having to queue for breakfast. It was impossible to find a sunbed even very early in the morning as they were already reserved with towels. The quality of the food was very poor and there were a few days that we missed breakfast, as could not be doing with the hassle of queuing and then not enjoying the food. We were staying in a superior suite however had to be moved as the jacuzzi bath was not working and it was very noisy. The change to all inclusive in the last 12 months has spoilt the hotel in our opinion. We had to hire a car to get away from the hotel, as could not relax due to not being able to find a sunbed. The holiday improved once we got away and spent three days at some beautiful beaches. We will not be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at the hesperia 4 years ago and it hasn't changed. Unfortunately this meant the bedroom was looking a bit tired and was in need of painting and updating to a more modern look. It would not put me off though as it was spotless clean and very comfortable. If you are not all inclusive then there are no facilities in the room to make a hot drink which was a little frustrating but we weren't expecting it as we had read the room itinerary. The rest of the hotel was elegant and clean with a very relaxing atmosphere both in the vast open reception or by one of the pools. We had bed & breakfast and we could not fault the breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. We wanted to unwind and relax and that is what we got from this hotel. We have visited other resorts on the island but calero is by for the most sophisticated. If you want to enjoy good food and drink watching the boats in a quaint harbour then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: If you like an early night then ask not to be put within the reception/bar, rooms 800-812. There is entertainment every night in the piano bar and it is very loud. It does finish just after 10pm but if you like to go to bed before this there is no chance of sleep. The rest of the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel