“Everything and More!!!!!!”

Hesperia Lanzarote
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Puerto Calero
“Everything and More!!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Not usually one to write a review but been here since Sunday the 15th June and only half way through. Champagne reception on arrival at the hotel, now that's service!! the friendliest staff we have ever come across in all out times of being abroad. The staff couldn't be as helpful if you need anything they are always around to help. We are staying bed and breakfast, and unlike other hotels where you are usually just left, you are taken to a table to be seated offered juice, tea or coffee. The breakfast is lovely with a wide variety of choice so there is something for everyone. The whole of the hotel is just perfect. Perfect place to just chill out and relax. The rooms are great nice and comfy views from the rooms are great. Only a short wall into puerto calero which is a lovely small quiet strip. Lovely restaurants to eat in. Looking forward to spending the rest of my week here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zoe P
Pablo_Rey_Rodriguez, General Manager at Hesperia Lanzarote, responded to this review, 19 December 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Hesperia Lanzarote on Tripadvisor.

Our prime focus is to provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great reward for the entire team. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back and I would like I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy Christmas and a happy New Year.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hesperia Lanzarote ticks most boxes.
The staff were all friendly and helpful. I only had breakfast at Hotel Hesperia, but this got the thumbs up, huge variety. Fresh fruit, lots of cheeses and hams. Lovely bread rolls, cooked breakfasts, crepes, eggs however you wanted them. Even doughnuts and cookies if you happened to have a serious sweet tooth!
The pool area was large, with two large pools and two small ones. Plenty of sunbeds, however well worth getting up and putting your towel down before breakfast for your preferred spot. You can use the hotel pool towels, ( just need to pay 20 euros at the beginning to the front desk which then give you a card to use for the towels, you then get your money back at the end).
The rooms were tidy, and had everything you need. Only downside I would say is the walls were quite thin! Sometimes heard a touch more then you needed to, and if you happened to have a young child in the room next door it wasn't great.
But well worth having a sea view room, you won't be disappointed.
The local marina Puerto Calero is a total delight, and in easy walking distance of the hotel. They had a great range of restaurants, all overlooking the boats.
I had a great stay. If I was to be asked whether the hotel felt like a 5*, I would probably say no more like a 4*. However this shouldn't put you off. They have great facilities, good staff and good food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Emma M
bedfordshire
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend four night break all inclusive. Loved it - very clean nice hotel with plenty of facilities but within easy distance of Puerto Del Carmen or Puerto Calero. Food selection and quality was very good. Sun bathing areas lovely. Overall for the price we paid we were very happy and if we can get a deal again will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend the beginning of June. We couldn't have asked for anything more from the hotel, all staff were extremely polite and helpful, the complex itself was unreal and the food was excellent.

Great location with a tranquil atmosphere, not far from Puerto Calero Marina & Puerto Del Carmen. Concierge services are great, there is so much to do! We booked Paragliding and Sand Buggying with no issues what so ever, they are always happy to help.

Would definitely stay here again! 10/10.

1 Thank Ryan C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us at Hesperia Lanzarote on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Hesperia Lanzarote a very special. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned after 9 days. Had a great time, such attention to detail.
Many thanks to Laura who is an excellent employee really professional and hardworking a credit to the company. Loved the Caleta restaurant, a high-class cuisine in a lovely atmosphere. Breakfast was superb too. The guest services team went beyond our expectation, helped me even to get my I-phone charging while I enjoyed my breakfast and helped me with every issue I need help with that day as I was new to the hotel. Unfortunately it was a very short trip, I am hoping to return again very soon because the high level of customer service it really impressed me, well done to all involved. Hope to see you all again soon in this beautiful hotel.

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed her last week on a short five day holiday. The hotel is amazing, better than what we expected. It has such a nice calm and relaxing atmosphere, exactly what we wanted in our holiday (obviously we were out of season so cannot comment on what it would be like when children are off from school). All the hotel staff are very welcoming and friendly and the concierge staff are willing to help you with any excursions you would like to book.

We only booked a standard bed and breakfast and had a large room with two double beds and an amazing view of the main pool area. Also in the distance we had a view of the sea which was an added bonus. (Room 513). The breakfast every morning had a large variety and was absolutely delicious! I was very gutted that I actually didn't get a chance to try everything because I was way too full up every morning. I would definitely recommend the fresh pancakes and fresh omelettes.

The only downfall to the hotel I would have to say is the pools not being heated. Even though it was very hot the pools were still quite cold. However once you have jumped in the pool after 5 mins it doesn't really bother you too much. There are plenty of sun loungers around each pool, however people did tend to leave their towels on them for long periods of time which got quite annoying sometimes when trying to find a nice spot.

The hotel is not far from Puerto Calero Marina. It is a short 10 min walk along the sea front and has many restaurants to choose from. We enjoyed walking there most nights as the view of the sea is so beautiful and quite romantic for a couple. They also have market there during the week on Tuesday and Friday which is great for souvenirs to take back and not expensive at all.

For abit more of a livelier atmosphere and more bars and restaurants the hotel is not too far from Puerto Del Carmen and is only a 10 min taxi drive and costs roughly 10-12 euros

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, we had such an amazing holiday and the hotel had a lot to do with that.

4 Thank Cassie S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Returned yesterday from a short four night break at Hesperia for a relaxing break without our children for our tenth wedding anniversary. The hotel and grounds are lovely and the staff are very friendly with excellent service. What made the holiday was the outstanding, gorgeous food! We were half board but upgraded to all inclusive for two days which was well worth the money. Spa facilities are excellent and we enjoyed relaxing in there each day when it got a little hot. Dario, Damian and Albert were all very accommodating and chatty. Would recommend staying here to everyone, we are going to book again for next year but take the children, cant wait to return.

Room Tip: We were in room 602, fantastic sea view although we didnt pay for sea view room.
2 Thank janet w

Seaside Los Jameos Playa
Seaside Los Jameos Playa
#10 of 92 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,568 reviews

Been to Hesperia Lanzarote? Share your experiences!