“Fabulous week of relaxation”
Review of Hesperia Lanzarote

Hesperia Lanzarote
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Puerto Calero
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous week of relaxation”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute of it. We booked B&B only so we could have the choice of where to eat in the evenings. The hotel is well laid out and our room had a sea view. The room itself was spacious and very clean. The hotel maids kept the same standard all week so no complaints about cleanliness. Breakfast was amazing - loads of choice and available until 10.30am. It's nice to have a lie-in on your holidays!! The spa had a special deal where you paid a fee and you could visit the spa whenever you wanted during your stay. We ensured we made a trip every day to boost our energy in the circuit pool. A few giggles were had too with some of the water jets! The staff of the hotel were amazing - very attentive but not in your face. All the facilities were well maintained. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Shazbot44
Pablo_Rey_Rodriguez, General Manager at Hesperia Lanzarote, responded to this review, 19 December 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us at Hesperia Lanzarote on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Hesperia Lanzarote a very special. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back and I would like I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy Christmas and a happy New Year.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here. Amazing hotel, room and the sea view. The food was amazing and the service received by all the staff was immaculate. Would definitely always recommend. Very efficient service always. Room service was great too! Loved the water activities available too! Staff are a helping hand at all times :-)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Hesperia Lanzarote on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel location is absolutely amazing with a beautiful entrance. Definitely a must when coming to Lanzarote! The sea front is stunning to wake up to in the mornings and the people here are very friendly! Food service is excellent and the condition of the room is also upto standards!

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel has beautiful views and the spa is truly exhilarating. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help which added to the great experience. I expected the beach area to be slightly bigger, but nevertheless, sitting by the pool with the view of the ocean was beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Preeti333
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back today from a week at this lovely hotel, we got there and was handed a lovely glass of cava whilst we were show are room. Lovely room with a part view of the sea and next to the spa. Only down side was the air con we found at peak times of the day around 6-7pm when everyone was washing or bathing would pump in a vile smell like garbage so had to turn it off for a couple of hrs, I did complain and they did offer us a new room but it was on the complete opposite side of the hotel over looking the car park so we stayed and turned it off the air com.

Pools are lush and even have a heated one for the kids, loads of sun bed but a few that sagged in the middle so if you sat up you bottom would be on the bar so looks for the nice firm ones ;) the €20 for the beach towels is well worth it as it's only a deposit that is returned to you at the end of the holiday and you can changed them twice a day.

Food was fantastic very nice as choice was massive, only thing I would criticise was the wait for the fresh meat or fish to be cooked as a que would form around the main serving area and people couldn't move. We went half board and was perfect only had to buy drinks ( went to local shops in marina and filled mini bar in room with water and pop) only thing we found out half way throu the week that in the evening you are served water but without you knowing you have to pay if your not A/C.

We looked at what A/C could get and it was great everything on the menu and even a bottle of cava, you can also choose from 4 different brands of vodka all drinks are named ones too.

Workers are great and lovely and make you feel you are welcomed there, everyday they would show you to your seat:) again I'm going to rant about something but trust me these are tiny things that I noticed. It was only a couple of Pool bar staff that are not so pleasant especially one member of staff she was rude and abrupt to me several times.

We walked to the marina every other day, one day we took the boat bus to carmen and went shopping and chilled on the beach it's was €10 each ad it's was great fun. On another day we took the bus to carmen which you 5 mins walk from the merina for €1.35 single and it takes less then 10mins. The beach is nice and the water is clear and lovely.

Entertainment was good especially the magic man very entertaining :)

The beach you see on the pics for this hotel is very misleading it's tiny, we also found on the weekend local Spanish people would go to this little beach and on the blue jetty and it's rammed so we couldn't go on the beach or the Getty, we went down the next morning to have some time away from the pool area and it was a mess litter everywhere and also a spare tyre lol but we went on the jetty and had a swim with all the little fish :)

Overall we had a great holiday and would def go to a NH hotel but properly not this one again.

But please don't think I'm complaining as I'm not I just wanted you to know little things before you go. 4* def but not a 5* hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jessica0117
London
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked this holiday through a travel agent and realised that I needed to contact the hotel as my husband is partially sighted and I was taking my mum so I asked for a room near the entrance and also my mum to be close by. They got back to me straight away and said they would try. When I arrived they did accommodate us which was fantastic really was easy for my husband to go back and forth. The hotel and service was very relaxing the staff really worked hard and was friendly. I thought the food was a bit hit and miss though. I found myself sometimes waiting to have things cooked. Not sure how I would have changed that I think perhaps for the size of the hotel it wasn't really big enough for the busiest of times. But other than that was lovely.

1 Thank HodgsonL
Lanzarote, Spain
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I could not ask for more...lovely swimming pool areas. We have a see view room, very tidy and clean every day. food at the buffet restaurant is amazing and that was a nice surprise. Laura was lovely to meet you, you are doing awesome. I would recomend this hotel to everyone..

4 Thank j s

Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca

Been to Hesperia Lanzarote? Share your experiences!