We chose this hotel because we thought it to be good value for all an inclusive and we knew exactly where it was located. The reviews were positive reading, we liked the comments on how clean the hotel was.
We asked for a high floor with a good view and we got it, the room was very good and clean, we found the beds comfortable and the sheets were changed regularly, the bathroom well equipped, a flat screen TV that had a USB port so we were able to watch pre recorded films that we brought with us. The air conditioning worked well but was noisy.
Yes the staff were excellent, nothing too much trouble, drinks were of premium quality although we didn't over indulge but some did and you could hear them returning to their rooms at night.
Entertainment was surprisingly very good, sunbeds were always available but the best positions had towels on early in the morning, the pools were well set out and the children's entertainment was a laugh from what we could hear.
We had a car for twelve days so got about all over the island as the hotel has no beach nearby, this meant giving up our lunch on most days but a packed lunch was available, sandwiches and fruit and a soft drink. To be honest we didn't mind missing lunch, we tried it a number of times but it was poor, more like a three star hotel on all inclusive for the masses, but the birds liked it and helped themselves whenever possible.
The dining room was well presented, the food was good, a few times very good but never excellent as we have experienced in other hotels, also I don't agree with standing in line for roast beef, pork or duck etc that could be fourteen persons long.
So would we return? Maybe as it was good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero