We came back in August as part of our two centre holiday, split between here and Playa Blanca.
What can I add to last years review? Well the improvements might be minimal to some but they do add to the overall enjoyment.
First the TV now has multiple UK channels, so when you come back from a trip or off your sun lounger there are all the BBC channels and SKY. Second the Wi Fi has been improved dramatcially, it is now everywhere including in your bedroom. The benefit here is that the kids are now not all crowded downstairs in the WiFi area, as last year, but I could recieve all my business emails easily.
The food continues to be excellent and there is enormous variety at every meal. I dont believe anyone could complain that there is not enough choice. Even the hot meals, whether you choose the Chef's special (which yes you do have to get in line for) or the other prepared meals like Lasgne or what the other Chef is cooking fresh, there is a good choice. Some do pile there plates with every choice but thats their decision but if you eat one normal meal on any day the following week there would be the choice of other options.
The Spa is great, make sure you take your one day pass in (if on all inclusive)
We did hire a car this year so that we could go straight from the Airport to the Hotel and go out to visit certain areas of the island which we really found added to the holiday fun. The Hotel does provide transport to Puerto Carmen but there are so many other beaches to visit.
The entertainment team are great and the additional acts the Hotel bring in means there is something for everyone over a week. We recognised many of the staff from last year so clearly the staff must be happy there and this comes across in the service.
So in summary a great hotel with very good food, if on all inclusive as much to drink as you would like and lots to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Expedia, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero