“Good Infrastructure for Business Travel”

Hotel Luzeiros Sao Luis
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Sao Luis
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a new hotel with the best infrastructure for business trips. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the location is good, close to the beach, to the main roads and to some commerce. Within walking distance of pretty good restaurants.
The restaurant offers a great breakfast and adequate food for lunch and dinner.
The staff is very helpful and friendly.
The hotel also offers great amenities for the travelers like a well equipped gym and a spa, meeting rooms and a business center. The lobby has a piano bar and several tables for informal conversations or quick meetings. The view of the beach is great.

Overall it is nice, but a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view of the sea, above the 8th floor. The lower floors tend to be more noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rkover
There are newer reviews for Hotel Luzeiros Sao Luis

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

It's a good hotel with comfortable accommodations, you should ask for a room towards the bay, the view with the ferry boats at the background is really nice.
The dinner buffet in my opinion was overpriced, near by you can find cabana do sol restaurant that it specialty is carne de sol and for a quick bite there is a domino's.
The breakfast buffet was really good with a good variety of items.
At the room the a/c worked fine but the wifi speed could be better.
In my opinion the check in/out could be done faster, it took a while to we get our room key.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CLBlum
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a newer hotel in Sao Luis. You have to adjudge it by local standards, this isn't Rio or Buenos Aires. Its a pleasant property with a large, comfortable lobby. The rooms are rather nice, we had a larger one, maybe it was a suite. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom fine. Nice view overlooking the ocean, with a balcony. AC worked fine as did the WiFi. On balance, a pleasant property. They could improve a few things: the hallways are really dark during late afternoons before the lights go on, the room telephones don't really work, and the front desk staff barely speaks English. But those are not major issues. The only real negative is the restaurant--this is a "must avoid" There is nothing on the menu desirable. The salads are funky--what is this stuff? Most of the meat is 'mystery-meat', just poor cuisine and slow service.
On balance, a nicer property in which I would stay on a future trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CLF422
Reviewed 21 February 2014

In my opinion it is just a good city hotel. Missing character and during winter probably missing staff too.
The hotel kindly gave me a bigger room that what I paid for, unfortunately the air conditioning was doing some strange noises so i had to complain. They sent someone immediately. The guy could not fix it so asked me to call reception as ask to change rooms. I did that and the receptionist promised to check and call me back in 5 minutes. One hour later and i was still waiting.
I called them again and they offer me to change to a smaller room ( but to be fair it was what i paid for) so I checked the room and decide to stay where I was for a bigger room and a nicer balcony.
It is in front of the beach so the view is nice but if you want some beach time you will chose to go to the other beaches where it is better to swim. The hotel accommodate lots of air crew members so it was quite busy during breakfast. Breakfast runs until 10am but 10 min earlier a staff informed that 10am sharp they would take things out. Fair enough but I suggest putting one extra staff to serve the omelettes and tapiocas as I spent more than 15min in the cue and had no time to eat all I wanted later.
I also went to the swimming pool that was completely abandoned. It is beautiful and was clean but the pool bar was closed and no staff or towels available. A 5 * should have both no matter how many people are using the pool. Point made.
I did ask someone on the restaurant on my way and they told me they would send me a towel, This did not happen so I had to dry on the light as it was not sunny and for this reason not super hot. Also I wish I could had order a drink while on the pool area.
I had the lunch buffet and it was delicious. Costs 53 Reais. You can also find few places to eat near the hotel. The Cabana do sol ( famous for its Carne de Sol ) is just around the corner. Also just a short taxi ride to the Lake where nice bars with live music are concentrated. ( 11 Reais taxi each way)
The receptions guys were very friendly and so was the door bell who order me cabs when I needed . Taxi to airport costs 55 Reias and takes around 50minutes. Taxi to Centro Historico costs 20 Reais.
So my suggestion to this hotel is, staff should be available and trained in winter as it happens during summer. You may put price down during winter but it should not affect the quality of your service. Make sure the staff return calls and also have someone in the pool area, even if it is for safety reasons.
Thanks for the nice and big room with lots of tv channels!
PS: Spa facilities extremely expensive and toiletries very basic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Thelma M
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel has nice large airy rooms - I was lucky to get a beautiful high up sea facing one. The hotel is decorated in a lovely contemporary style (a daring statement in a city like Sao Luis!).

The shower was AMAZING, the breakfast was plentiful and the pool is beautiful. I could live in this hotel!

The only negative is that there are not so many staff who speak English. More English speakers would REALLY improve the hotel experience.

I am looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room on the highest floor available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jody L
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Located near a beach but far from the airport. Rooms are okay, nothing different than other hotels. Stayed on a room with two small single beds. The beds could be better. Most rooms have view to the ocean. Breakfast is good and has a great variety, if you want a special scrambled egg, tapioca, there is at least a 10 minute wait line

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mneto29
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I am difficult to pease and I know that, but Luzeiros Sao Luis, even with worst efforts, I would not be able to find something to criticize! Great breakfast, quick check in, excellent rooms and a very pleasant overall experience! I do recommend it and thanks or all is what I must say! Sao Luiz is a better city because of the Luzeiros.

Room Tip: Just explain your Request and they will do their best!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family