“Cosy bungalow park, but with some issues”

Relaxia Los Girasoles
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our first impression of Los Girasoles was not so good. We got a bungalow with paint coming off in every room and a lot of mould in the sleeping room. After complaining, the staff suggested to paint the bungalow the next day. We were not satisfied with that solution, and only after some more arguing we were located in another bungalow.

Despite this negative first impression, the park itself is quite good. All in all, the bungalows are reasonably spacious and clean enough. There is a lot of traffic noise (busses) in the back row bungalows, but the sound insulation is sufficient. Only minor point are the rock-hard matrasses. The pool area is calm and cosy with palm trees, a lawn and a bar where breakfast and lunch is served. The little 'private' garden in front of your bungalow provides enough space for having breakfast or dinner. In general, I liked the lay-out of the park, with a lot of green and local flora.

The location of Los Girasoles is good. 15 minutes walk to the beach and less than five minutes to Yumbo (Spar is on the top floor).

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow in the front row. Less noise from the street and closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Relaxia Los Girasoles

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed here from 27th 11 to 4th 12 2013. Most of the staff were helpful. The bungalows are clean and but quite average. Living room was rather spacious with flat screen television. You could watch Swedish, English and German spoken channels and of course Spanish. Location was excellent only some minutes to the Yumbo. There was not that many kitchen utensils luckily I brought my own wine bottle opener with me. No swipe towels.
The pool area was small and easily felt crowded. Pool was not heated to 24 as promised so 20 degree water on a cloudy day feels refreshing. There was noise from bus traffic nearly through the night.
However we rented mountain bikes for some days. There is Moto & Bike rent on Av. de Gran Canaria nearby. Also we found a gluten free restaurant called Restaurante OK on Avda. Tirajana 19. So my wife could eat nearly everything on the menu. It saved the trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here with my partner 14/19 to 25 10/2013. The bungalows are fantasic, very spacious. and well maintained. All the staff are helpful and courteous, even providing me with a hairdryer for the duration of my stay, when my own packed in, at no cost . The couple who run the on site bar were vey nice , nothing was any trouble to them , and the catering was very good and reasonably priced. We had a problen with our shower head , which was replaced within hours of reporting the fault to reception. The pool area, and gardens are very clean and well maintained.
The only fault I could find was that our fridge didn't keep our milk fresh so we had to purchase milk on a daily basis.
The Yumbo centre is about a two minite walk, with plenty of shops and bars, and the beach is about 10-15 mins walk downhill.
We will definately return to this accomodation in the future.

Room Tip: End bungalows have more outside space
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janis m
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've been to Playa del Ingles a dozen times or so and walked past and admired these bunglalows many times. So when they came up cheap I booked them. However appearances from the front can be deceptive. There are some good points so I'll start with them:
The bungalows are modern and recently refurbished. They are spacious and simply decorated with flat screen television.
They are excellently located, 2 minutes to the Yumbo and a 10 minute walk to beach. Perfect..

However, there are a few issues about these Bunglalows:
There is a 25 Euro extra cost to use the Wifi - I've stayed in cheaper places and they don't charge.
The pool is small, and I mean small! 7 people in it and its crowded! The terrace for sunbeds is also very small. By the time all the sunbeds are out it feels very crowded. It isn't particularly nice either.. We ended up going to the beach most days. Sunloungers all modern and plenty of umbrellas and stands.
The pool bar was shut the entire time we were there (2 Weeks). There was a note on the shutter and seemingly 'the owner was ill'. He was so sick he even emptied the ice cream freezer of its contents! This meant we were constantly having nip out if we wanted a mid afternoon beer or bite to eat.
Lifeguards on duty at the pool was very strict - no lilos in the pool, no balls, despite even if the pool was empty.
The staff weren't particularly friendly, from the cleaners to the receptionists.
The rooms were cleaned everyday other than Sundays and Wednesdays. Half cleaned I should add. Towels every other day. However, we got fresh towels on the Friday morning, we didn't get clean ones until Monday lunchtime after having to ask!
Are room was at the back and looked out onto the road. I wouldn't say that I'm a light sleeper but there was a lot of noise of traffic and party goers all night.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. There are nicer, cheaper places than this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everyone asks why I will always re-Playa del Inglés and the hotel in the hotel chain Relaxia Bungalow Los Girasoles. In these images is the answer to, the place is great. Staff Manuel, Dolores, Rosa, Juan and the rest of the group, they make this hotel a dream come true. The service is fantastic, that's why I come back here again always : )). I'm living the dream three weeks now : )).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Sampo2011
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Bungalows Los Girasoles we rested from 05/01/13 on 05/08/13. It was a fun week in Playa del Ingles? Bungalow recently refurbished, it is important for hotels in Playa del Ingles, there is a very old room stock. The bungalows are very clean, with an electronic key. The bungalows come with an electronic safe, for an additional fee of 15 euros per week. The bungalows are set new flat-panel televisions, free! But only four tv.programmy. The bungalows with new furniture, comfortable Cravath, large sofa and armchair, dining table and three chairs. There is a large terrace with furniture. There is a kitchen, a lot of dishes. The bad just a frying pan, even her eggs on the breakfast did not cook all burnt. There is no replacement :-(. On the territory there is no free internet, this week you have to pay 25 euros, it's a disgrace!. On site there is a small common swimming pool, with a lot of new sunbeds and parasols. Area is guarded around the clock. In the calm and quiet. From bungalows to Jumbo 5 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank strelez
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have just returned from staying at Los Girasoles and it's THE best accommodation I've stayed in whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria, having been there 5 times. The apartment was peaceful, spotlessly clean, spacious, modern and well decorated. The kitchen may have been compact but if you do decide to stay in for meals it has a fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave oven (with grill), toaster, coffee machine (though no kettle), two ring hob and plenty of pots/ pans/ plates/ glasses/ cups and utensils. The surrounding gardens are beautifully well kept and the staff courteous and helpful. Don't be put off by comments that the clientele are of the older generation- it meant a quiet night's sleep- and that's despite a 4 minute walk to the Yumbo Centre! Great pool area with sun beds and a bar/ snack restaurant too. Yes you may have to wake the night desk person to let you in in the early hours but it's a VERY minor thing- and I never had to wait to get through the gate- at least you can be sure security is good. There is minor traffic noise on the road alongside some rooms, but it's not too distracting as there is minimal traffic flow. All in all a fantastic stay and from now on it will be my first choice whilst staying in Playa del Ingles. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 60- away from reception and the pool/ bar area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
#3 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Playa del Sol -  Adults Only
Playa del Sol - Adults Only
#26 of 216 in Maspalomas

Been to Relaxia Los Girasoles? Share your experiences!