“location location location but thats ALL its got going for it.”

Hotel Rural Las Tirajanas
Manchester
“location location location but thats ALL its got going for it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Other than the lovely lady on reception, I've never met so many unhelpful and miserable staff in one place my life. We were a group of 25 staying for 2 nights only and Individually we all had complaints about the service, one highly experienced chef who was travelling with us was told that she didn't know what she was talking about when she said that the fish she was served was off. As i said, other than the lady on reception none of the other staff we encountered had any understanding of customer service, it was if they were doing us a favour letting us stay there. Other complaints.....telly didn't work in the room, bathrooms too small, food dreadful, bar closes at 11pm and when we were trying to do some printing at reception we were warned to do it quickly because when the boss gets back he will go mad if he sees us printing. On a positive note the pool terrace is quite nice. Please note I have never had to write a bad review of a place before despite working in an industry where I am constantly travelling and staying in different places. If you have to stay in this town try the rural hotel down in the village its great.

Room Tip: I think the first floor would be the best choice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank offie1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Beautiful hotel. Location in the middle of the island - perfect. Beautiful rooms, views, nice facilities. I recommend to all my friends, because it is one of the best hotels on the island.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lukhino
Nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

Arrived at hotel, very impressed by the view, the opulence of the fittings, lovely place. Won 5 days here on Ebay, so no complaints about the price. We stayed in room 211, lovely room but no balcony. Noise from reception, directly above us, quite disturbing. Wooden chair scraping repeatedly along floor, stilettos clicking at 03h30 not the best start. Had dinner first night and breakfast next morning in the hotel restaurant. Didn't eat there again, absolutely awful. The "chef" used the heated trays to full lazy advantage. Dozens of fried eggs plus everything else cooked at 07h30 still being heated in uncovered metal trays at 09h30, baked beans had a thick skin on them by this time. Even food that wasn't cooked was poor, slices of cheese and ham drying up and curling up at the edges. Poor choice of fruit and juices, the whole food experience cheap & shabby. Took a quick look in the kitchen (no-one noticed) not clean, floor dirty, stainless steelware grubby & un-wiped. We just couldn't understand why the company had spent so very much money on the fabric of the building and then allowed the food to be so poor, so simple to remedy! Get rid of the lazy cooks, heated breakfast trays, get competent staff in the kitchens and this hotel could be truly spectacular.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Esenjay
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

The hotel itself has a beautiful location and is an excellent place for those who love the open spaces, the walks and what the mountains have to offer. However, the service we experienced when we stayed here during the February half term was poor, particularly as there appeared to be skeleton staff on hand.

The food for breakfast and in the evening is the worst I have ever come across in a hotel (of any star rating and for a four star, I feel this was of a poor standard and quality). Although there was a cooked breakfast on offer, I found myself having only tea and juice (which was of a thickly sweet consistency & had to be diluted with water) for breakfast and a toasted cheese sandwich - when I could locate fresh bread!! I am a lover of fruit and herb teas and the choice and selection was impressive.

They had the nerve to charge 22 Euros for the 'evening buffet', with even more poor quality food, but for a 10-15 minutes walk down the road a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine for 3 of us cost 80 Euros.

We had flown out to celebrate the birthday of a friend and there was approximately 120 of us in staying for the week. The hotel manager must have realised there was dissatisafaction with the food as we boycotted the restaurant (on mass) by Thursday evening and had asked what could be done to 'put things right'. For me and many of our group it was too late!

The room was satisfactory and the hotel location itself is quiet, with spectacular views. However the cleaning of the room on a daily basis is basic. Upon arrival, our bed actually had a couple of fine cobwebs on the bedstead, which then made me (unfortunately) begin to inspect the rest of the room, where I found some dust on the dresser. The bathroom was better and had a good shower (although no bath).

Although a pleasant enough hotel and well located I would not return and cannot recommend this hotel. (I felt relieved we had only booked for one week)!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ray1959
Somerset, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

I stayed here for a walking / car touring holiday wanting to be based in a rural location. The location is good (high up, quiet, views, village in easy walking distance if you don't mind hills), though for touring I found myself repeating the winding journey to Tejeda or Cruz de Tejeda quite often to get to the interesting northern part of the island. Rooms are reasonably-sized and comfortable with good beds, and kept spotlessly clean; a few things were missing that were surprising in a hotel in this price range, e.g. no plug for the washbasin, patio table provided but no chairs (only sun loungers), no way provided of securing the patio doors part-open for ventilation at night (though a hiking pole does this admirably); the cabinets etc though functional were fairly crude. On the positive side the room had a small fridge and powerful shower, though no bath. Breakfast was good in my view (I only ever eat cooked breakfast) but dinner options less so: only a buffet was available (for 21 euros) despite an a-la-carte option being advertised, and apart from two nights I walked into Tunte or drove to Santa Lucia. The hotel has spa and sports facilities and I think probably a disproportionate amount of the price goes towards these; I've certainly stayed in better 4* establishments in comparable locations for much less money. I've recommended it, but with reservations.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BHayes55
Brancaster Staithe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Really impressed with the hotel. Had a fantastic room with a balcony and one of the best views in the world across the valley below, mountains and sea. Perfect location for walking in the south of the island. The heated pool was a real bonus. The pictures on the website don't do the hotel justice, it was great.
I'd like to address some issues that others have raised as problems. We did hear dogs barking, but they were so far away that it was hardly an issue. Certainly less noise than you would get from a UK road. All the rooms were air conditioned so no need to have balcony doors open if you want to have peace and quiet. I must say that we though the food was excellent. Varied meals during a week's stay, with 4 or 5 meat dishes in the evening. The salads themselves were so nice that if we just ate those we would be happy! I'm not really sure whether we were just lucky, or maybe some people have completely unrealistic expectations of what they will get as part of a half board booking! It is not an a la carte restraurant where you can choose and they deliver what you want how you want it! I do agree that the jacuzzi had seen better days.
Overall a really great experience, much better that we expected and highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1mat
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

We stayed here for a week with the intention of using it as a walking base. The checkin was a little lengthy as there was a small queue but I think I was unlucky as I did not see anymore queues during my stay. The staff on checkin and during the stay were friendly but not overly so. Our room was good, antique style furniture, good well sized bathroom with and we had a balcony from which there is the best view I have ever had from a room. I was nervous about the food having read a previous review, and I consider it good but not spectacular, I certainly cannot agree that with the reviewer who said it was the worst he had in the canaries, I would grade it as average 4* standard but it was a buffet which I personally hate but are becoming very common in hotels these days even 4* hotels. There was a pool but we did not use it. The hotel is certainly in an excellent location for going walking as you are right in the mountains. We considered staying on the coast but I am glad we didn't as the journey every day would quickly become a chore as it’s always the same road. l

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Bohemia Suites & Spa
Bohemia Suites & Spa
#2 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews

Been to Hotel Rural Las Tirajanas? Share your experiences!