Just arrived home after 7 night stay with kids aged 14 & 11. Good points...clean nice pool area, room ok. Bad points...manager is receptionist, bar man and waiter, every time you needed reception you had to hunt him down, wifi only free for 1 hour per day, no lilos allowed in the pool which we only found out after our kids had been and spent their pocket money on them, no signs or notices anywhere to tell you this and no reasonable explanation given for 2 days. Then found out it was because the life guard is also the barman and cannot watch the pool properly. Room only cleaned once during our stay, lack of food choices and what little there was was often too tough to eat, no cocktails, grumpy bar men...we had to speak to one as he was grumpy and huffing and puffing at the kids every time they went to the bar, then another took an order from our friend then was told by a colleague to stop serving her as there a Spanish person waiting and they are to be served first! Entertainment was very poor in the evening, in the day time you could take a 10 min walk to sister hotel to use sports facilities but there is no communication between the hotels to let guests know what time the sports are taking place.
This is our 4th time all inclusive and is the worst we have been to, the 3 star rating is mainly for the nice pool area and the position of the apartments. Our stay was 100% improved by the company of Mexican Tony and his lovely family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Las Palmeras Complex is situated in the upper part of the Resort, next to the wonderful Nature Area of Rafalet and 600m from the center with it's shop's, supermarket, diving center and the small bay of S'Algar. The complex has 72 apartments with 1 double bedroom. They are all very bright and have a pleasant terrace, double bedroom with 2 single beds next to each other, a living-dining area with 2 sofa beds (80 x 170 cm), kitchen and fully equipped bathroom. They are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, an equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, glass-top stove and microwave, fully equipped bathroom featuring a bathtub with shower and hairdryer, Wi-Fi (fee) and safe (upon request, for a charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortBlue Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmeras Apartments Hotel s`Algar
- Las Palmeras Apartments s Algar
- PortBlue Las Palmeras Spain/Minorca