Hi, Just returned yesterday from the Las Palmeros Apt. Stayed for a long weekend with my Daughter (age 15) ,wanted somewhere quiet and safe and the apartments and the resort were everything we could have hoped for, We didn't spend much time in the Apt , we went on a B&B Basis as we wanted to explore the area and eat out while we were there. The small resort of S'Algar is beautiful, very low key with a couple of lovely restaurants and shops, it's a 15 min walk downhill to get there, and there is a bathing platform there from which one can access the Sea, although we were advised not to as there were Jellyfish in that area, we walked instead to a little sandy beach which is just around the headland and it was absolutely beautiful, and so worth the walk. We also got told of another little cove that is accessed by walking to the left of the Apt's over some scrub land,took a bit of finding,but definately worth the trouble as it again was gorgeous and my Daughter was able to Snorkle. (Was very popular with the locals & as we discovered was also a Naturist spot). Also not to be missed is the glass bottom boat that leaves from the port in Mahon,we got the Bus there,which goes from directly outside the Apt's, Mahon is Beautiful and Definately worth a visit. We really wished we had been able to stay for longer, i think the thing is, after reading all the negative reviews, a holiday is what you make it, i've stayed all over in different hotels in various countries and each brings it's own pleasures, I can think of no Negatives at all,but then we didn't go looking for negatives, we went looking for positives,and all i can say is if it's a peaceful, relaxing holiday you are after in a beautiful resort,then look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Las Palmeras Complex is situated in the upper part of the Resort, next to the wonderful Nature Area of Rafalet and 600m from the center with it's shop's, supermarket, diving center and the small bay of S'Algar. The complex has 72 apartments with 1 double bedroom. They are all very bright and have a pleasant terrace, double bedroom with 2 single beds next to each other, a living-dining area with 2 sofa beds (80 x 170 cm), kitchen and fully equipped bathroom. They are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, an equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, glass-top stove and microwave, fully equipped bathroom featuring a bathtub with shower and hairdryer, Wi-Fi (fee) and safe (upon request, for a charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your PortBlue Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmeras Apartments Hotel s`Algar
- Las Palmeras Apartments s Algar
- PortBlue Las Palmeras Spain/Menorca