“Great for families but in need of some updating!””

Marriott's Club Son Antem
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Llucmajor
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I spent a week here with my hubby and our 4 months old baby. On the whole we really enjoyed our staying. The villa was really spacious and had all the facilities we needed (dishwasher, washing machine, dryer) and the kitchen is very well equipped. However there is not toilet downstairs (but there were two upstairs!) which is a bit annoying. They don't replace the toiletries so we run out of shampoo. It seems a silly way to save money! I mean we were flying with EasyJet so I didn't bother bringing with me shampoo shower gel ect...
There is a private pool every few villas but they are unheated so we didn't use it. The SPA complex is great but definitely in need of some updating...tiles missing, old toilets ect.. also the lifeguard was not paying much attention to what was going on so there were people drinking beer in the Spa, kids in the jacuzzi, kids screaming and jumping in and out the pool and nobody there while you desperately needed a towel.
There is a tiny "library" but there are very few books available. Gym was being refurbished so we didn't use it.
I asked if we could check out at 11am instead of 10am but they wanted to charge us 20 Euros/hour which I found very disappointing, I mean it was low season, we were with a small baby so I would have expected some flexibility.
The shop in the resort is small and very overprices so buy your groceries in a supermarket close by (there are plenty)
I would probably stay here again in few years.

Room Tip: The nicest villas are a bit far away 700 onwards and they are 15 min walk away from the Spa, coffee...
4  Thank gloriajones
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Club Son Antem, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your review Gloria! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear your family enjoyed their stay with us at Marriott's Club Son Antem. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate leaders as we continue to improve the experience for our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us in Spain!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I would probably stay here again in few years.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Club Son Antem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay Gloria. We are pleased to hear your family had an overall great stay. Our team also appreciates your comments on areas of improvement and will share this with the appropriate managers. Thank you again for you review of Marriott's Club Son Antem.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 days in the villa, which are really good maintained and overall just fantastic. There is a lot of space, even for 5 people(it's made for 4). Every 4 villa there is a shared 'private' pool, perfect in the afternoon where the water is warmer.
Then there is the spa. This includes a big, warm pool that extends even outside. Furthermore the spa offers 2 whirlpool with a cold one beside, a Turkish bath and a sauna. You can easily spend entire days there.
The surrounding are just great and there are many smaller towns near which are very pretty and have a lot of good and cheap restaurant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is an excellent place for a family holiday. I have been many times and it is always a fantastic stay. The good weather helps! The villas are wonderful, from the setting round the golf course to the amenities on site, it really is the perfect place to get away from it all. The spa is a wonderful place to relax, either just using the pool and spa facilities or having massages in the treatment area (not cheap but always fantastic). Whether just sitting in the villa's private gardens having a BBQ or eating at the Finca for a taste of Spain, I love this place and will be returning on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Villas in the 600s road are closest walking distance to the spa area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Club Son Antem, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your positive TripAdvisor review! We are happy your family enjoyed their villa and the on-site amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent time - this is our 3rd visit & we will be back again. Customer service excellent, villas fabulous. Our luggage was lost by British Airways & whilst the staff representing BA (Iberia) were v rude at the airport & wouldn't speak English leaving us with literally no change of clothes, cosmetics etc. Upon check in at the Marriott when we said BA had lost our luggage, the receptionist immediately apologised & said they would track down our luggage for us. They duly did and it finally showed up mud-afternoon Sunday (20 hours later!). The staff at the Marriott told us we were the 3rd BA group that week that BA had lost luggage! Thanks again Marriott for your kind words, help and a great holiday

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and I just got back from our holiday at the Marriott Vacation Club in Son Antem. My husband and I were apprehensive about how our 5yrs old and 2.5yrs old daughters would cope with a week in the villa but upon arrival, it was very quick to see that it was home away from home.

The drive from the airport was very short (20 mins) and very straightforward. The island is just a beauty and it didn't matter that the resort wasn't on the beach, we were always a 20 mins drive to any beach nearby! We quickly settled into our 2 bed villa upon arrival and my 5 years old disappeared for over an hour just exploring the villa. The villas are very clean and well stocked with very good value crockery and white goods that I was very happy to do some laundry, something I've never done on holidays before.

As with most Marriott resorts, the market place stocked freshly baked goods every morning from around 7:30am and luckily we had seen comments from other people about requesting villas close to the Iberostar hotel and reception so we were in the 800 villas which was a nice walk to almost anywhere on the resort in the beautiful weather. The beds were as always with Marriott, something to look forward to every night too.

Staff were as always, very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable and the villas were given a daily clean.

Only negatives for me personally are as follows:
1) not being able to leave the kids out alone in the garden for fear of them going to the poolside alone since there was no barriers between each individual villa's garden

2) The pools near the resort were cold and I didn't think they were the most appropriate for very young kids due to the depths.

Otherwise, it was an absolutely unforgetable holiday with my beloved family and I would visit again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Hire a car/bicycle (for the avid cyclers) to get the best out of your stay here.
1  Thank Burtacup
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have just come back from a week at this Marriott Vacation Club and what an amazing week we had. Could not fault the Townhouses at all had everything in that you needed. Maid came everyday and left it spotless. The grounds to the resort are well maintained and the pool areas are great. We loved the main pool as the water was warmer than the townhouse pools. Spa area is fab too. All staff where really friendly .We ate in the clubhouse a few times which food was lovely but my only fault is the waiter service is really slow. We waited at least 20 minutes one day for a drink and the restaurant was not busy. Apart from this I could not fault this resort. Looking forward to visiting here again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a Townhouse closer to clubhouse.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scouse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llucmajor
Hilton Sa Torre Mallorca
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
#2 of 8 in Port de Soller
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa

Been to Marriott's Club Son Antem? Share your experiences!