My wife and I went to Son Antem at the end of June this year for a week.
Normally we stay at the Iberostar Anthelia hotel in Tenerife every September and are already booked for there again this year, this is an excellent hotel.
The San Antem is a nice hotel and generally follows the same principles as the Anthelia in Tenerife. However there are some things they do seem to fall down on.
The general staff are excellent, very friendly and helpfull, although the reception desk staff were not that helpfull, the concierges were good. The rooms are good but as we are registered with Iberostar and our details note we prefer an upper floor room we could not get one.
The layout of patio and restaurant was disjointed as people would walk through the eating area to go to other areas which is a bit disconcerting.
We paid for all inclusive, which in Tenerife covers all restaurants etc, however, the pool bar food is not included here although it is a similar menu to the central hotel. When checking in we were given a note telling us that lunch was served at the restaurant but there was only one day when we could eat there when there was a conference on, the rest of the time we had to eat at the snack bar area for lunch.
The evening meals were good with plenty of choice for even the most picky of eaters.
There was a BBQ night at the pool bar but even as all inclusive we would have to pay the full price for the BBQ, at other Iberostar hotels if you have something extra to the all inclusive you normally get some discount.
Apparently the hotel has recently been leased by Iberostar from the previous operator and owner, Marriott. Our impression was that the management were still operating a similar style to Marriott and had not quite got the Iberostar ethics.
All in all we would consider an overall rating of 4 stars for this hotel, not the 5 star rating given, which was disappointing as we did book this because it was 5 stars.
Iberostar if you read these comments, get your act together and give the same service for all inclusive as you do in other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel invites you to discover a 5* golf and spa hotel on Majorca, created especially to provide fabulous luxury holidays in the Mediterranean. Offering all the comforts you could wish for, the sophisticated Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel boasts the most amazing atmosphere on Majorca, as well as professional personalised service from the friendly staff and top quality facilities. A hotel designed for those seeking something extra special. The hotel is situated just 15 minutes from Son San Joan Airport, a short distance from the city of Palma and the island’s finest beaches. A spa, golf course, luxurious rooms, children’s facilities and services…Enjoy the experience of staying at the Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel and you’ll be left with unforgettable memories. • A golf hotel on Mallorca: the Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel offers you two golf courses. These 18 hole courses, featuring state-of-the-art facilities situated in an incredibly peaceful setting, are an authentic haven of calm set against a stunning natural backdrop. The hotel also boasts one of the island’s largest golf academies and organises lessons for golfers. • Services and facilities for all: special services for children, a Kids Club, modern facilities, spacious rooms, entertainment programmes and outstanding service from the friendly and helpful staff make the Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel one of the finest options for a family holiday or a romantic break. • Relax in the Spa: if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with your partner or friends whilst enjoying the true essence and spirit of the Mediterranean, our hotel with spa has everything you could wish for: a heated pool and holistic zone designed to boost wellness and enhance relaxation…indulge in a little pampering with the finest treatments and luxury facilities. In addition, you can take advantage of the superb facilities and sports offer to help you get in shape, including a 24 hour fitness room, tennis, volleyball and jogging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Collection Son Antem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mallorca Marriott Son Antem Golf Hotel Llucmajor
- Mallorca Marriott Son Antem Golf Resort And Spa
- Marriott Vacation Club Llucmajor
- Mallorca Marriott Son Antem Hotel
- Marriott Lluchmayor
- Llucmajor Marriott
- Be Live Collection Son Antem Majorca/Llucmajor, Spain