“The kids enjoyed it”

TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just returned from a 10 night holiday at the Club Aura.On arrival the reception staff were great however our room wasny ready so we had to wait around for about 20 mins before going to our room.The room when we eventfully got in was on first impression drab and dated. It was however spotlessly clean with comfy beds.The TV had no reception and to quote my kids "boring".the public areas were great as was the water park it also has a high presence of lifeguards which was reassuring.The food was OK, I have had better.The entertainment was mostly provided by the Thomson reps up until 9.30. This was aimed at the kids and my children loved it but for me it was like pulling teeth.The adult entertainment was a mixture of professional acts and the reps it defiantly requires improvement.I couldn't fault the kids club my children went everyday and loved it well done. Overall I had a good holiday but having been to 4 holiday villages before I would go to the hotel next door!

2  Thank lisa f
Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel as a family of two adults and two children aged 4 and 5.

The hotel itself is lovely, it's spotlessly clean and all the staff are really helpful and friendly. When waitresses just keep bringing drinks without you even having to order you know they've mastered customer service.

PWe were in the orange block and had a lovely views over the pool and sea and as an added bonus we could even sit on the balcony and watch the entertainment on the evenings the kids wanted to go to bed early. I was a bit worried it would be noisy being close to the bar but the entertainment had usually finished by about 11pm and by midnight all was quiet every night. The room itself was lovely and large bedroom with comfortable beds and two sofa beds in the living room bit. I did wonder what everyone was moaning about the shower screen for but after being there it is annoying. It's fixed to the side of the bath right up to where it starts to slope at the back so you do have to actually get in to the bath to turn the taps or shower on and off. Thankfully I didn't have little kids to bathe because I can imagine that would be a nightmare. I really didn't like stepping in and out of the shower with it being so near to the slope, I was petrified of slipping over. Apart from that very small gripe the room was perfect.

The food is okay but it does let the hotel down slightly. I stayed 3star in ibiza last year and the food was better. I wouldn't describe the food as bad and some days were better than others and there were occasions that I was reminded of school dinners. I never had anything undercooked and we all aways found something nice to eat. There is always plenty of choice and the freshly grilled meat and fish was particularly nice. You won't starve and because there's so much choice you'll always find something you want to eat but some meals aren't very inspiring.

I know it's been said before but the entertainment team really do make this hotel something special, especially for the kids. Josh, Ashley and Annie are fantastic all day and night and they all seem to have limitless energy. The kids club was great and I felt very secure leaving my kids there to play and they always came back super excited with stories of the fun they had been having.

All in all, it's a lovely clean hotel with brilliant staff, great pool and waterpark and am amazing entertainment team. The food is slightly disappointing but it wasn't inedible and it wouldn't stop me from returning again in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ch1612
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have just returned from a week in he club aura, as a young couple we travelled with 3 children aged 1/3 & 7. Transfer was literally 10-15mins, we were able to go straight to our room where we found a lovely laid out spacious room. Unfortunately it was up a few stairs but was no big deal, we just both carried the pram up every day. We found the hotel very clean and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Food was always nice and fresh, and found something for everyone. Kids loved the section for them as they could help theirselves. Water park and pool was always very clean, and very strict with lifeguards which was very reassuring with the 3 young children. Entertainment and kids clubs were excellent, even put the baby in the crèche a few times which cost €11 for two hours. There is a few shops opposite and a 15min stroll along to shops/bars and restaurants. A little beach (cove) 5 min walk, perfect for families. Or we found another beach which we got a boat to and it was gorgeous, great for families like us as the water is very clear and shallow. Also the weather was perfect 28-32 every day not a cloud in the sky. All in all one of the best holidays we've been on. And would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Tlbakes
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have just returned from an amazing week's stay at the Aura with my wife and 3 year old daughter. Having used trip advisor prior to booking I thought it only fair to add my experience.
From the friendly, welcoming arrival given by reception, the whole week continued to impress. We could not fault the room, clean and spacious, and as requested within a quiet area of the hotel.

Despite the bad reviews given over the food we (including our daughter) always found plenty of choice and enjoyed what we ate. Maybe it depends what your expectations are. The restaurant hosted a couple of themed nights which were good fun, especially the pirate night. It was an added bonus that the children were provided with ikea plates, bowls and cups. We had a very enjoyable night at the teppanyaki restaurant, well worth paying the supplement.

The pools were very child friendly, and we never had difficulty finding 3 sun loungers together. The water park is fantastic, fun for all ages, an absolute added extra. Our daughter loved the Thomson kids club and all the well thought out activities. The kids reps were friendly and professional, and our daughter really enjoyed seeing them in the restaurant and at the Kennel Club. She still talks about Frankie Doodle, Jammy Jess and Jaffa cake Jordan.

The biggest credit goes to the entertainment team, Jet Set Josh, Asha Boo and Annie McPhee. These guys work so hard, all day, in the heat, until late at night making sure the guests have a great holiday. This comes across as real enjoyment of the job, with no raised ego but genuine friendliness. We all loved the evening Kennel Club, despite being kids entertainment it gave amusement for the adults too. So huge thanks to you all.

We were sad to leave and would definitely go back.

2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I am there now and it is a bit of a mixed experience and I will submit a full review I am sure on returning. I would not usually bother writing a review however I am drawn to see what people are writing about a place I am sitting in! England have just lost to Uruguay..yes a sad moment. Sadder is the fact I have bought beer from a local shop other than drink the "alleged" San Miguel in the bar. They had a Guiness Book of Records last night as part of the entertainment and sadly no records were broken. However if they had a competition such as " How many glasses of beer can you drink without feeling just a little bit, well tipsy, I am sure we could establish a world record!
If the beer here is San Miguel then I will eat my Sombraro!! The vodka has never been to Russia and the Whiskey has as much kick as a two legged donkey! (That is one front leg and one rear leg should you be confused....)
The cans of San Miguel from across the road are tremendous by the way!!!!
I have been here before so kind of knew what to expect....best part of visit is the waterpark. Hotel staff are always helpful and lovely, they work seriously long hours and always seem happy and to be fair deserve medals the size of car wheel trims dealing with some of the "residents" I have witnessed at the bar.
I will leave my more serious account after I have spent my next week here......but the beer is weak and it is a disgrace that you pay for all inclusive without a proper product. Feel the need to make sure that all products should they be alcohol or a chicken curry be marked correctly with what they actually are...Im not bothered about the alcohol to be fair but more concerned regarding other things I have seen and the peanut biscuit my daughter almost bit in to today that could have killed her......night.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ahha R
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just back from our trip to sirenis hotel as one of a party of 13 including 8 adults and 5 children aged between 6 and 12 we found that all in all this was a great family holiday.
The efforts of the hotel staff and the Thomson staff are second to none they all go above and beyond in every way.
Our accommodation was fine clean and spacious. We were in the gold block overlooking the water park .
To me where some people have found fault is their expectation of what kind of a holiday this is. The emphasis is about FAMILY if you want a quiet holiday where there are no kids go somewhere else.
As a large group we found everything we needed from the hotel to the beach ( great water taxi service to main town for €3.50) to the shops a ten minute stroll away.
The water park was amazing as was the quality of the lifeguards one at the top and bottom of each slide. Recommend you go early in the day when it is not as warm or busy.
The food was as you would expect all eatable and it does get repetitive we went down town one night and eat at the tepanyaki restraunt for night the latter of the 2 was an excellent experience well worth the money Book early 7 o'clock was good as it is quite a large heavy meal.
We let the children go to kids club where again we found excellent staff great security kids signed in/out registered the works.
All in all we had a great time thanks to all the Staff from Thomson and Sirenis Hotel for making our holiday so good

Room Tip: Top floors give great views
3  Thank ricky8187
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Sirenis Club Aura and I have to say we weren't very impressed.

We booked this Thomson Family Resort after one of the members of staff raved about how amazing it was and as it was a Family Resort we trusted it would live up to its reputation.

Upon arrival (with 3 children aged 9, 3 and 1) we were told our room wasn't ready and we'd have to come back in an hour. Quite where we were expected to go with all our luggage and 3 tired and grumpy children was beyond me.

When we eventually had the key to our room we were extremely disappointed. It was dirty, had a very strange layout and the sink in the main living area constantly smelled like sewerage (as did the pool area). The glass shower screen was fixed so it was nearly impossible to bathe the little ones. It was also on the 2nd floor with no lift so we had to traipse all of our luggage, strollers and small children up and down these EVERY DAY. The rooms were 'cleaned' every day but not once was our floor cleaned/mopped and it remained as filthy as it was the day we arrived.

They advertise free Wi-Fi in every room which doesn't work anywhere in the hotel. We didn't go on holiday specifically to use the Wi-Fi but I don't think they should advertise it if it doesn't work.

The food was absolutely AWFUL!! (we went all inclusive) The bar snacks for the day were horrendous (half cooked burgers and cheap hot dogs) and the evening meals we very repetitive and often cold and/or dry and chewy where it had been there for so long. We met friends out there who were served a pork steak that was completely raw in the middle and a few couples had tummy upsets while they were out there.

Apart from this the staff (especially some of the restaurant staff) were very lovely and friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

The only reason I haven't given a 1 star rating is purely down to the Thomson entertainment team. Annie McFee, Asha Boo and Jet-Set Josh were absolutely FANTASTIC and worked tirelessly every single day to provide entertainment from 10am right through to 11pm. Our children absolutely loved the Kennel Club every evening and the shows they put on in the evenings really were outstanding. The entertainment team saved this holiday for us because it would have been a pretty crap 2 weeks otherwise!!

Needless to say, we wont be returning to the Aura again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hotelaura, Director de Relaciones Públicas at TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with the travel community and for choosing the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura to spend your holiday.

We are very sorry to read that you won’t be returning; I would like to go over your comments to clarify some aspects.

Our front desk try to allocate our guests in their rooms as soon as possible; as you know, guests who are occupying a room at the hotel are entitled to check-out before midday. From that moment, our chambermaid needs time to clean and assemble the room for our new guests. If anything is faulty in the room upon your arrival, please do not hesitate to contact the Reception in order that your chambermaid review it to your comfort.

The Wi-Fi connectivity in your room should not be a problem; we do not have massive reports of clients having problems to log-in on Internet, but we will consider your feedback.

We regret not having been able to meet your expectations in terms of dining service. The food we serve at our hotels meets all quality standards. Chefs and our restaurant and snack-bar staff will always be pleased to assist in case you find the meat or fish dishes to your taste.

Thanks for your gratitude to the hotel staff and the Thomson entertainment team.

Best regards,
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Occidental Ibiza
Occidental Ibiza
#2 of 16 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Marina Palace Prestige by Intercorp Hotel Group
Marina Palace Prestige by Interc...
#2 of 2 in San Antonio Bay
#1 of 2 in San Antonio Bay
Apartamentos Llobet
Apartamentos Llobet
#2 of 51 in Ibiza Town

Been to TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura? Share your experiences!