“..loved it!!!!”

Cuisines: African
Montagu, South Africa
“..loved it!!!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent Pancakes...coffee fab...fun oldie world train sitting eating your pancakes watching the world go by!!!!

Centurion, South Africa
“Disappointed! VERY VERY disappointed!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We travelled from Gods Window to Sabie...looking forward to having a meal at the train restaurant in Sabie. We checked one of the websites where they are listed and saw that they were open today...1 Jan 2014. As we parked, we noticed through the train windows that most of the compartments were empty and there were about 5 cars parked outside. There was a board at the entrance stating FULL as I approached but I thought I would enquire anyways even maybe to make a booking for later or even tomorrow as we are staying in the area until the weekend. Just as I was about to approach the entrance, a guy walks up to the door. I greet him, he ignores me. I stand there and watch him as he removes the open sign and places a closed sign on the door rather hurriedly! As he is done, he looks up when I tell him that the least he can do is greet! I tell him it's not acceptable and I will review his restaurant on this platform. He is in the wrong but gets upset with me...what a nerve! I have my little 4 year old running behind me asking why we cannot eat in the train. So we leave and find The Woodsman Restaurant. What a delightful surprise!

• Visited January 2014
Nelspruit
“Breath taking!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great atmosphere great food excellent service! Pity there is no tel no outside the restaurant! Would like to get the number for future bookings!

• Visited December 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great beers and pub food”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After a hot day of driving this was a fantastic spot to chill. The kids were entertained with mini-golf and a very noisy parrot. Pub food was hearty, beers were ice cold and the Castle Lager Draught fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
“To safe the place cook must be changed”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Entourage is good. Parrot, mini-golf, old train, etc. Food was average if not say bad. It was difficult to spoil trout but starch was horrible. Prices like in Joburg, but food was not impressive. Crowd of begging kids around the restaurant was really annoying. Really evening was spoiled.

• Visited July 2013