“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Smokey Train Diner
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Sabie
Cuisines: African
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kempton Park, South Africa
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The staff were very friendly and well organised. We sat in the train and it was superb. We had a lovely meal, ribs with putu pap and alfredo potjie. More food than you can eat and well priced. Really a good choice for dinner.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Illse v

“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The best fillet steak i had in years. My wife had a pancake. Super. Great service. Well done Oom Smokey

Montagu, South Africa
“..loved it!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent Pancakes...coffee fab...fun oldie world train sitting eating your pancakes watching the world go by!!!!

Centurion, South Africa
“Disappointed! VERY VERY disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We travelled from Gods Window to Sabie...looking forward to having a meal at the train restaurant in Sabie. We checked one of the websites where they are listed and saw that they were open today...1 Jan 2014. As we parked, we noticed through the train windows that most of the compartments were empty and there were about 5 cars parked outside. There was a board at the entrance stating FULL as I approached but I thought I would enquire anyways even maybe to make a booking for later or even tomorrow as we are staying in the area until the weekend. Just as I was about to approach the entrance, a guy walks up to the door. I greet him, he ignores me. I stand there and watch him as he removes the open sign and places a closed sign on the door rather hurriedly! As he is done, he looks up when I tell him that the least he can do is greet! I tell him it's not acceptable and I will review his restaurant on this platform. He is in the wrong but gets upset with me...what a nerve! I have my little 4 year old running behind me asking why we cannot eat in the train. So we leave and find The Woodsman Restaurant. What a delightful surprise!

• Visited January 2014
Nelspruit
“Breath taking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great atmosphere great food excellent service! Pity there is no tel no outside the restaurant! Would like to get the number for future bookings!

• Visited December 2013