“Best birthday present ever!”
Review of Timamoon

Timamoon
Ranked #1 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Sabie
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Wow! My best birthday present ever! I wanted to break away from the norm for my 50th birthday and told my husband that I would like to go on a cross country tour of my own beautiful country. I started looking up on the internet, and when I saw the pics of Timamoon I was immediately fascinated by this place and I was not disappointed when I saw it! It was the best decision ever! Our lodge was so stunning and very romantic with our own private pool and fireplace, not to mention the massive bath and outside shower! We felt that we were the only 2 people there, that is how private and secluded our lodge was. The staff was friendly and their service was very professional. The food was the best ever! A big thank you to the team who made us feel so special. We really felt like we were royalty. We will definitely be back again some day and will recommend Timamoon to all our family and friends!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi
Firstly thanks for choosing to spend your 50th Birthday at Timamoon. I am thrilled to read that it lived up to your expectations. Our intention when building Timamoon was to give you as much privacy as possible so that you did feel that the view belonged to only you.
So pleased that you had a good time and hope to see you before your 60th!
Gaylyn

There are newer reviews for Timamoon

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had the privelage to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary at Timamoon.
The service afforded to us from the whole team was outstanding , friendly , unobtrusive and very professional .
Accomodation is romantic and secluded with stunning views of the valley and your own private pool. The quality and presentation of food was top class
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back soon
Dolf and Jessie Geyser

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and have stunning views

Hi
38 years of marriage is nothing short of a miracle these days, so well done and thanks for choosing to spend it at Timammon!
Thanks for all the positive comments about the rooms and food. You did promise to come back soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Timamoon was the best decision I could have made to take my wife on our honeymoon. The food quality is at the top the best I have had from any restaurant, great selection of drinks and very friendly service! The day we arrived our bags were carried to our room for us and also a map of the surrounding area which could be visited during the day. The night we went for dinner and had a excellent meal. Upon returning to the room, the room was full of lighted candles and a bottle of champagne on ice. Timamoon will definitely be seeing me and my wife again!

Room Tip: New moon was excellent! Fantastic view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi
Deciding where to take your new wife on honeymoon is not an easy one and I am delighted that you felt that choosing Timamoon for your honeymoon was your best decision!
Thanks for all the positive comments and hope to see you for one your anniversaries

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Wow. Even the road to the place was different i.e. challenging. We arrived to be greeted by 2 horses galloping towards up (they were great danes). The owner was friendly as was the staff. The room was surreal. The view was amazing. The chef creative and dinner was your own private little alcove. I loved this place except for the cold swimming pool (brat I know) please please hook up a solar panel to heat the pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi
Firstly sorry about the slow response to your review. I somehow missed it!!! I dont know why as you wrote some wonderful comments about your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I agree our dogs are quite huge and they sometimes escape from our garden
I get your comments about the cold pool, but it was winter!! To heat the pool is not as simple as it would mean having to cover it which would look awful. So in winter you have to cuddle up and enjoy the nice be log fire place!
Maybe come back and summer???

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The location of this lodge is just spectacular and the sense of privacy and exclusivity is really special. The accommodation is spacious and luxurious and the private pool and deck areas are a special treat if you want to spend some quality quiet time together. The food is simply outstanding (real fine dining with generous portions and a wonderfully quirky menul) and everything is very fresh and seasonal. We ate our first dinner in a private dining room with a personalised menu and very romantic decor and dinner the second night was in a romantic outdoor setting by the pond. There is plenty in the way of acivities on offer in and around the lodge for adventure seekers but you will be doing it an injustice if you don't make some time to just relax and enjoy the sumptuousness of the place.

Hi
Wow what a generous review for which I thank you. I smiled about your comments about the food not only been good but that the helpings were also generous. Often we get a phone call form the wife or girlfriend before arrival just checking on how much food we serve in case they have to bring extra!
The Private dinning is something we only completed recently and I am delighted to read that you found it special. It quite a different experience and a wonderful treat for couples just wanting to be on their own
loved to see you again some day

Reviewed 14 May 2013

This place is so wonderful - beautifully decorated and cosy room, fantastic views and truly exceptional food! The service was amazing too and we felt so brilliantly looked after by such welcoming staff. My fiance took me here as a complete surprise while we were on holiday in S Africa and then proposed! It was so special and romantic and I highly recommend Timamoon to anyone who wants to experience a holiday they will always remember! We will definitely be back!!!!! Love from Josephine

Hi
Thanks for your great review and your recommendation!
We would love to see you again one day. Maybe your husband will surprise you with a trip to South Africa and Timamoon for a wedding Anniversary??

Reviewed 4 May 2013

If a clinical 5 Star Hotel is your preference you have thousands to choose from in many cities, if breath-taking nature, total privacy, exclusivity, wonderful food, personal attention and a whole lot of sexiness is your thing......the answer is Timamoon.
It is one of those places you actually want to keep as your little secret, say no more, this however will do an injustice to the wonderful people running Timamoon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hennie F
Gaylyn, Owner at Timamoon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

You have summed up so perfectly what we have tried to create around Timamoon! Thanks for such a great review and I will certainly show the staff your comments as it is reviews like this that make it all worthwhile for everyone.
Please dont keep it a secret! We rely mainly on word of mouth!
Would love to see again sometime
Gaylyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabie
Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa
#4 of 16 in Sabie
Sabi Star Chalets
Sabi Star Chalets
#3 of 16 in Sabie

Been to Timamoon? Share your experiences!