“disgusted. this hotel is a dss hostel and its dirty do not stay...”

Channins Hounslow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Feltham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2011

when i say DSS HOSTEL i am not joking this hotel is absolutely filthy. the welcome was not very nice at all. i checked in to this hostel and checked straight back out again..but now the hotel is saying that i never checked out so i cant get a refund. i am not a nasty person me and my partner were attending a wedding in london so just needed a bed to sleep in. but in all honesty you would not be able to leave your belongings in the room cos they will be stolen i promise.not very happy with this place at all. JUST THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THIS PLACE IS NOT NICE SO DONT BE FOOLED JUST BECAUSE IT IS BEEN AVERTISED ON WELL KNOWN SITES. MR KIRKHAM

Room Tip: dont bother your wasting your time
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kevin k k

Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel is cheap but is more of a bail hostel....I stayed in september and can honestly say the following:-
the hotel as you walk in stinks.
the breakfast is bearable, tea/coffee, toast machine, cereal - thats it.The juice machine wasnt even nice.

The room:- Box room size, dirty walls, carpet 20 years old and coming up at the edges, as well as covered in stains.
Bathroom:- so small it is ridiculous. the same walls as a caravan bathroom, shower which stopped after five minutes and put out no more water. No light in the bathroom apart from the one hanging by one screw above the mirror.

Put simply, a complete horror story. worth paying £15 more and staying up the road.

Room Tip: dont book here, try up the road. never say this normally but true on this occasion.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank AndyWEssex
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We booked a night at Channins as we were picking up relatives from Heathrow off a morning flight and we were coming from the Liverpool area so to be sure we were on time we decided on an overnight stay. We booked Channins on a special deal - only £32 per room including breakfast. Cheap but definately not cheerful! The best I can say is that the room was clean (I know the room was recently repainted as the fittings had paint on them too!) My husband pulled the one chair in the room away from the desk and the arm lifted off! The hospitality tray had just enough for one drink each on it and the small kettle still had water in it. The cold tap in the bathroom dripped all night. It was warm when we arrived so we switched on the A/C, what a racket!!! We did without. The bed was a small double pushed right up to the window - if you were over 5'5" you would have had problems! The en suite bathroom was clean but very small consisting of a small sink (with dripping tap) that was very slow to drain, a toilet and an aged shower cubicle. After an uncomfortable nights sleep (only one pillow and no more available I doubled it up and slept on a rock!) we braved breakfast, the breakfast room looks nothing like the pictures on the website, everything in this hotel is tired and dated. The coffee was in an unlabled flask and the apple juice I got from the machine was barely coloured water, cornflakes and rice krispies were the cereal of choice and white bread for toast with sachets of margarine, marmalade and jam. The breakfast room isn't big enough to cope with all guests so some were sitting in the bar area to eat.
I know we got a very good deal, you gets what you pay for but we won't be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sal_ad_dazeWirral
Reviewed 30 June 2011

When deciding where to stay in London, I was looking for somewhere with good value that could cater for a child of 3 years old, with the possible option of being able to have a cot/bed at no extra cost . Finding Channins Hotel seemed like a fairly reasonable place and appeared to have all the basic essentials advertised. On arrival I was requested to pay upfront straight away before we were given a room. I decided to pay for two nights instead of the full 5 intended. My partner and I were escorted to our room (room 11) we found a Yale lock on the door; it was secure however not the electronic key entry system as stated. The room had just enough room for a double bed and a desk with a chair that couldn’t be pulled out to full due to the bed being there. Overall cleanliness was very dusty and mattress very poor with small flies flying around. (I would not be surprised if bed bugs or fleas were present). A pole was up to hang clothing and next to this a separate bathroom with a toilet and sink to a poor standard; bath panels have screws sticking out of them. An example of the size of the room can be shown below.

As you may be able to see there is no space for a cot, and when we went to ask about how we might fit a cot in a room so small they said that it would fit, however I was not convinced this to be unsafe as it would be blocking he only exit from the room; in case of a fire it would have been a hazard. Therefore, we told the staff this and they moved us to another slightly bigger room (room 31). As we walked towards the room we saw the proposed cot that would have been used; which was just thrown down into a small area of a corridor in bits along with the mattress. How anyone would want to put their baby/child in this they would have to be mad. In room 31 there was a little more space where a cot could have been placed except when it came to us locking the door, there was a door knob that required a key to lock it; however when locked several times by my partner I was still able to just open it from the other side. We went back to tell the staff and they told us to wait for somebody to come, yet nobody came. We were now greatly distressed after travelling all day we took the decision to leave since not having our room secure with a child is ridiculously unsafe.

In the rooms there was:
No hair dryer
No electronic key entry system
No Wifi
This is not the hotel I reserved. Pictures online are undated and information is incorrect.

Room Tip: Look at the real thing
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank xCherylx
Reviewed 26 May 2011

It was clean, rooms have been crammed in so to the en-suite. Steep stairs, noisy road, limited car parking. Its near Heathrow otherwise the area is lacking.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allin225
Reviewed 22 May 2011

So I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay close to the Heathrow Airport. It claims to be a hotel, but it is more like a bed and breakfast. A cheaper bed and breakfast. Its in a rural part of England. You have to take the underground and then the National Rail to get there. It takes a good hour from central London. Rather, you could stay at Paddington area (so still in central London), and then take the underground to Heathrow. My boyfriend and I spent our last night at this hotel and it is in the middle of nowhere. We ended up picking up a pizza from this little convenience store for dinner. That was all that there was. We also ended up spending 18 pounds on a taxi. That's the same price it would cost you to get on a train from Paddington to get to there airport. The staff was friendly. The room is cheap. We didn't eat the breakfast because it isn't served until 8am on the weekends. If you're just passing through its worth the money. The room provided linens, towels, and shampoo. No bugs.

Room Tip: Cheap!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Rudest Staff i have ever come across and i have travelled all over the world.
Bad location its not near heathrow as they claim and they do not do tranfers to the airport
Breakfast was terrible stale bread
Poorly run- bad managment.
Rooms very run down
smallest shower
Next time i will pay the extra money to get even just better service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo