“Perfect budget hotel for early connection to Heathrow”

Channins Hounslow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Feltham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip and it was very convenient to Heathrow. It's a big of a slog to get to central London. The first time our room was in the basement; small and thin walls. The second time, we were upstairs, at the front and it was much quieter, bed more comfortable and room larger. Breakfast is nothing special but tea/coffee in room is nice touch. Friendly staff and nice public areas. Basic but adequate for the convenience. Great Indian food just down two blocks.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 January 2011

For me, it was this hotel or a night at Heathrow terminal 5! Left stranded by BA when my delayed flight arrived far too late for me to catch last train home, a member of the airport staff recommended the Channins, Hounslow (mainly because his bother worked behind the desk).

Room was basic - shower, toilet, tv and kettle, but little bedding to speak of. Paint and plaster peeling from the ceiling and walls, overriding smell of damp, unsubstantial lock on the door. I slept little, awoke to a soggy carpet where the rain had worked its way in through the external walls, did not partake of the breakfast and left as soon as I had showered and packed. The staff looked worn out and as if they wanted to be elsewhere - they do deserve better, though I would appreciate accurate directions to the nearest station!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nikolashead
Reviewed 25 December 2010

It's near feltham station and walking distance to 24 hour Asda. Lounge is comfy and booking online is ok value. Breafast of cereal and toast is basic but ok hardly anywhere did breakfast. They helped me print my boarding pass which was nice. Tv in room was fine. Not much around so bring a laptop and download a couple of films! Bus to airport but not on Xmas day. I walked most of the way to the airport and then someone gave me a lift as final bit was on grass and tricky with case. Room 8 had a weird lamp think hanging from the ceiling which would have been deadly if it had fallen off....! Not sure I'd go back as was a very specific situation with no tube Xmas day but who knows! Heating was was too high so had to open window. Watched that prison film the experiment and peep show marathon so time passed ok....the nearest pub scared me so gave it a miss! Local area bit of a dump so prefer cyberspace!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 9 December 2010

It was a dungeon looks like all falling apart. Small room , tiny bath no blankets not enough heat.I had to fight with the door each time i wanted to go to the bathroom ,i used the kattle ! to keep the door of the bathroom half closed in case my wife wanted to use the bathroom because she would loose the fight with the door. Breakfast was very poor , the location was ok .parking was fine .Big waste of money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1mal92b
Reviewed 5 December 2010

It was a 'bargain' hotel close to the airport so I wasn't expecting much but even my modest expectations were disappointed. When we arrived no member of staff would help me and my 81-year old grandmother with our bags up two flights of narrow stairs. The room was filthy and obviously hadn't been cleaned. We didn't dare touch the shower, partly because there was plaster and dirt in it but mostly because we had no hot water - when the taps actually worked that is. We complained about this twice to staff, once at around 7pm, again at about 8. At 10.30pm, after we had gone to bed since we had to get an early flight, a member of staff finally arrived to fix it.
Apart from the squalor of the cramped room there were no towels, no tea bags, certainly no electronic keys as stated on the hotel's website. In fact, our door wouldn't lock and we had to keep a suitcase propped up against it for the night.
Oh, and the 'continental breakfast' consisted of cereal and toast.
I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Amelia010
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I was not expecting much based on the reviews, but it was OK. The room was clean, with towels and a decent working shower. To be fair, for the price you can't expect much more, but one night was enough and I did not fancy stopping for Breakfast. Tesco is just down the road!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I was meant to stay for a weekend and ended up leaving at 6 am and going home after one night. The room was filthy, no hot water and plaster fell off the walls and cut my head open!!!!! I was so shocked by the state of the room I actually took photos. I was in a pokey little room under reception and was kept awake all night by staff pacing the floors and speaking really loudly. When I asked for extra pillows I was given dirty pillows with no pillowcases. When I arrived at the hotel I was told the advertised full English breakfast would not be on offer as none of the stoves were working!!!!!!! This hotel completely ruined my weekend and they want to count themselves lucky I am not suing them!!!!!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple