“Fantastic place to stay”

Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I was working in Feltham for several months at the end of 2012, I stayed in this hotel on my second week, and from that point on I never even considered staying anywhere else. The hotel itself is lovely, decorated very nicely, and is very warm and inviting. The rooms were always great, very clean and today and during my stays I think I eventually stayed in most of them :-) Dean, the owner, is lovely, very helpful, and nothing was ever too much trouble ( including during one stay when I became ill and he not only offered to get me some cold remedies, but also checked up on me to make sure I was OK.) I ate here on a regular basis, and always found the food to be good, and the portions well sized, they were always more than happy to mix up the available options allowing me to have some more unusual combinations for dinner. After speaking to Dean one evening, and he realised that I was a vegetarian he even put on a couple of extra dishes that I could choose from! I do travel s lot for work and stay in a lot of hotels, and I can honestly say nowhere else has even offered something different. Breakfasts were always great, with great fresh coffee, and in one occasion, Dean, on noticing that the cereal I usually ate was finished, even rushed up to the shop to get some for me!
When my stay in Feltham ended I was genuinely sad to leave Dean and the Ambassador hotel behind. I can say without any hesitation that the next time I need somewhere to stay in this area the ambassador will be the first place on my list, I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay around Feltham, whether for one night or a month, and no matter the occasion!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank beize

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I travel a lot for work, and no matter where I am, the majority of the mid-range hotel rooms are almost identical. The rooms and the overall experience is the same- boring. That is why I was relieved to find this hotel, while working at nearby Bedfont Lakes Business Park (a free bus at the end of the road was a real bonus).
I liked the fact that it felt like a home. Downstairs lounge was very stylish with a real fire. I spent there couple of my evenings with a book and a glass of wine... My room was very cosy, furnished with period furniture and was spotlessly clean.
If you are bored of soulless hotel rooms and want to support local economy rather than corporate entities, give this hotel a try.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
England
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed for three nights with my family and found this to be an excellent hotel. Room was well decorated and very comfortable, overlooking the garden - pity the weather wasn't warmer as it looked a great place to relax! Was within walking distance of the train into London and also into Richmond so no need to drive. Breakfast was great, full English which set us up for the day. Ate dinner there too which was handy on the days we weren't eating out. Owner was friendly and helpful with lots of local knowledge, would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our expectations for the stay were quite high, the pictures look great and it was only 5 mins on a train to twickenham. On arrival we were met by the owner who showed to our ground floor room. The room was quite small but very well decorated. On leaving the hotel to go to the rugby the owner stated that they did evening meals. After a fanatic day at the rugby we returned to the hotel for something to eat as the menu looked quite nice. When we sat down and the lady that was working there came to take the order she stated that only two of the many staters were available, the main course at £10 didn't come with any veg or potatoes as these were extra but was not told this. There was only one of the three or so desserts available. The room was very cold through the night and the bathroom floor was freezing. The breakfast was quite nice. On checking out the price was lower than expected so I questioned it with the lady and was told that it was the correct price, only to receive a very direct email from the owner saying that we hadn't paid for the evening meal and he was taking the cost off the card used. All in all very disappointing stay and will not be staying there again for our rugby trips.

Room Tip: Our room was nice but over priced
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stuart M
ambassadorheathrow, Owner at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2013

I am sorry you found the room to be cold but as it turned out in the morning it had been left on its lowest setting. Had you spoken to either myself or the host serving you at night time, we could have assisted you.

Regarding the meal, just one starter was not available and you were told this at the time of ordering. I am very sorry that you found our menu unclear. Some of our main courses come with additions that are mentioned on the menu. Any additional ones can be found in the "Extras" section.

With regard to my email to you the following day, I simply emailed as a courtesy to inform you that the £50 food and drink charges had not been paid at the time of departure and would be taken from the card used to guarantee your booking and any extras had. i would like to point out that most of the larger hotel chains would simply apply charges without informing you.

The invoice you received in the morning clearly stated the breakdown of the charges with dinner and drinks section left empty. The host at checkout has absolutely no recollection of you questioning the bill. However, one glance at the bill would make you realize that she had made a simple mistake and forgot to apply charges.

Best regards,

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here again and it was just as I remembered except the dining area has changed slightly. A very homely hotel with that personal feel. The owner was again more than helpful with local knowledge and advice. Food was good value for money too. The rooms are not massive but that said they are more than comfortable and it all adds to the cosy ambience.
Definitely a handy hotel for visiting Twickers without getting ripped off.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms in the extension or it has a nice four poster.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timbo05
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Ok stay. The room was very small especially with a travel cot in it too. The ensuite was freezing. The bottom of the bed was fraying badly and looked messy. Had I some scissors on me I'd have cut them all off. Wouldn't have taken 5 minutes.
We chose not to have breakfast a we felt it was very expensive.
Very shocked when we paid our bill that we had been charged
£20 A NIGHT extra for our 11 month old to stay too. We were not told of this beforehand and were very cross. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Haefai
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the " frayed" bed you mention is actually the canopy cover for the four poster bed with drapes and tastles so is not actually frayed at all- this is simply how it is made. Regarding the cot that you REQUESTED, there is a £20 charge for this along with the linen provided with it. Had you had the baby in the bed with you there is no charge and I am sorry to correct you but you were very well aware of the cost of the cot when you booked it and it was not something we sprung on you at check in. As far as the evening receptionist recollects, you decided not to take breakfast due to needing to pay for the cot.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 January 2013

During breakfast got into conversation with the owner, I wish I didn't-he started pointificating and lecturing about his "oulook" on things, rooms are tiny, location isn't great. I came to stay for the night, not argue about how one should live their lives!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PrincessJodiSF
Regarding your review, I have, as has another hotelier from another review you have posted, emailed you direct with regard to your apparent stay as we also have no record of you staying here whatsoever. You also appear to say you stayed here 8 months ago and are only now posting this review?

I am the owner of The Ambassador and I always take a keen interest in my guests and often chat with them, but I can honestly say I have not, and would never think it appropriate or my place to lecture guests about how to lead their lives? I would not even think it appropriate with my personal friends let alone a guest staying here at my Hotel.

In the absence of you replying to my email I really do not know what more to say but I honestly wonder if your review has anything to do with The Ambassador Hotel.

Dean Harrison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Ambassador Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!