Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
  • Pool
Shalimar Hotel(Hounslow)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedfeltham stationluxury apartmentthe main hotelhoneymoon suitehome from hometwickenham stadiuma ground floor roomopen firefridge freezerstay there againminutes walk awaythree nightsnight's sleepnext morningstayed here for one nightheathrow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was working in Feltham for several months at the end of 2012, I stayed in this hotel on my second week, and from that point on I never even considered staying anywhere else. The hotel itself is lovely, decorated very nicely, and is very warm and inviting. The rooms were always great, very clean and today and during my stays I think I eventually stayed in most of them :-) Dean, the owner, is lovely, very helpful, and nothing was ever too much trouble ( including during one stay when I became ill and he not only offered to get me some cold remedies, but also checked up on me to make sure I was OK.) I ate here on a regular basis, and always found the food to be good, and the portions well sized, they were always more than happy to mix up the available options allowing me to have some more unusual combinations for dinner. After speaking to Dean one evening, and he realised that I was a vegetarian he even put on a couple of extra dishes that I could choose from! I do travel s lot for work and stay in a lot of hotels, and I can honestly say nowhere else has even offered something different. Breakfasts were always great, with great fresh coffee, and in one occasion, Dean, on noticing that the cereal I usually ate was finished, even rushed up to the shop to get some for me!
When my stay in Feltham ended I was genuinely sad to leave Dean and the Ambassador hotel behind. I can say without any hesitation that the next time I need somewhere to stay in this area the ambassador will be the first place on my list, I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay around Feltham, whether for one night or a month, and no matter the occasion!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank beize
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I travel a lot for work, and no matter where I am, the majority of the mid-range hotel rooms are almost identical. The rooms and the overall experience is the same- boring. That is why I was relieved to find this hotel, while working at nearby Bedfont Lakes Business Park (a free bus at the end of the road was a real bonus).
I liked the fact that it felt like a home. Downstairs lounge was very stylish with a real fire. I spent there couple of my evenings with a book and a glass of wine... My room was very cosy, furnished with period furniture and was spotlessly clean.
If you are bored of soulless hotel rooms and want to support local economy rather than corporate entities, give this hotel a try.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed for three nights with my family and found this to be an excellent hotel. Room was well decorated and very comfortable, overlooking the garden - pity the weather wasn't warmer as it looked a great place to relax! Was within walking distance of the train into London and also into Richmond so no need to drive. Breakfast was great, full English which set us up for the day. Ate dinner there too which was handy on the days we weren't eating out. Owner was friendly and helpful with lots of local knowledge, would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our expectations for the stay were quite high, the pictures look great and it was only 5 mins on a train to twickenham. On arrival we were met by the owner who showed to our ground floor room. The room was quite small but very well decorated. On leaving the hotel to go to the rugby the owner stated that they did evening meals. After a fanatic day at the rugby we returned to the hotel for something to eat as the menu looked quite nice. When we sat down and the lady that was working there came to take the order she stated that only two of the many staters were available, the main course at £10 didn't come with any veg or potatoes as these were extra but was not told this. There was only one of the three or so desserts available. The room was very cold through the night and the bathroom floor was freezing. The breakfast was quite nice. On checking out the price was lower than expected so I questioned it with the lady and was told that it was the correct price, only to receive a very direct email from the owner saying that we hadn't paid for the evening meal and he was taking the cost off the card used. All in all very disappointing stay and will not be staying there again for our rugby trips.

Room Tip: Our room was nice but over priced
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stuart M
ambassadorheathrow, Owner at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

I am sorry you found the room to be cold but as it turned out in the morning it had been left on its lowest setting. Had you spoken to either myself or the host serving you at night time, we could have assisted you.

Regarding the meal, just one starter was not available and you were told this at the time of ordering. I am very sorry that you found our menu unclear. Some of our main courses come with additions that are mentioned on the menu. Any additional ones can be found in the "Extras" section.

With regard to my email to you the following day, I simply emailed as a courtesy to inform you that the £50 food and drink charges had not been paid at the time of departure and would be taken from the card used to guarantee your booking and any extras had. i would like to point out that most of the larger hotel chains would simply apply charges without informing you.

The invoice you received in the morning clearly stated the breakdown of the charges with dinner and drinks section left empty. The host at checkout has absolutely no recollection of you questioning the bill. However, one glance at the bill would make you realize that she had made a simple mistake and forgot to apply charges.

Best regards,

Dean Harrison

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here again and it was just as I remembered except the dining area has changed slightly. A very homely hotel with that personal feel. The owner was again more than helpful with local knowledge and advice. Food was good value for money too. The rooms are not massive but that said they are more than comfortable and it all adds to the cosy ambience.
Definitely a handy hotel for visiting Twickers without getting ripped off.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms in the extension or it has a nice four poster.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple