“Disgusted”

Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
“Disgusted”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel situated close to Twickenham in order to entertain business clients at the rugby in November. I chose the Ambassador due to the favourable reviews and reasonable prices, which were advertised on the website as £59 for a single room and £69 for a double for the weekend I was interested in. I contacted the hotel and asked to book 6 rooms for the rugby. The man I spoke to assured me that this was fine. He proceeded to take my contact details and told me he would call me back in 10 minutes to confirm and finalise the booking. I heard no more from the man for the rest of the day, despite trying to call him several times. Eventually, I rang him from a different number, and, as suspected, he answered. I explained that we had spoken earlier but he had not got back in touch with me. The man then informed me that the rates we had agreed on (and were advertised) were infact no longer available because "it was a rugby weekend". He told me that the new rates for this particular weekend were now £119 for a single and £129 for a double, and refused to honour the agreement that we had made earlier. The prices had also been altered on the website since we hadspoken that morning. Unprfessional, immoral and definitely never staying here!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank wendy H
ambassadorheathrow, Manager at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Unfortunately, your recollection of what happened is at best clouded and at worst a complete distortion of the facts. You rang and spoke to a receptionist here who told you the normal weekend rate. They then told you that as our online booking system had gone down online, they could not confirm the rate for the weekend in question, or in fact make the booking. The rates were never at any time changed online and I presume had you seen those rates on any of the over twenty online sites I advertise on you could have booked at any time during the day whilst we were waiting for our system to be fixed?? When you did call back, the same person confirmed the actual rates for the rugby weekend. My cheapest online rates are on the Ambassador Heathrow hotel website and although cheaper than any third party websites they are of course more expensive on event nights, just as they are of course cheaper on quiet weekends along with the quiet months of January, February and August.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just returned from this hotel. Had two good nights. Really clean, comfortable hotel, friendly staff. Room was a bit cosy but you get what you pay for we and we didn't spend much time there so it wasn't an issue. Shower was excellent-powerful and warm! Just like most hotels the bed was too short for my 6 foot 2 tall husband to be really comfortable - if we stay again we'll have to ask if the other rooms have longer beds! Managed to park on the forecourt for one night and found on-street parking within 100yards on the other night. Will use this hotel again if we are in this part of London.

Room Tip: Ask the questions when booking.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The Ambassador hotel in Feltham is a fantastic place with cosy, comfortable rooms and a very relaxed atmosphere. The full English breakfast are very nice along with the meals freshly prepared in the hotels small restaurant.

The hotel is right next to the bus stop with regular services to Heathrow airport (Terminal 5) and is less than a 5 minute walk from the train station with links into London Waterloo.

The town centre is a few minutes walk away and has everything you need. Having stayed at the St Giles a few times i found the Ambassador to be streets ahead with regards to customer care and with regards to the high quality of service given to its guests where as the St Giles is very poor in all aspects of customer care.

The Ambassador is a fantastic place and I will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This delightful hotel was a wonderful place to spend o short weekend with my partner, and a perfect distance from Twickenham Stadium. The train station is a 2 minute walk down the road, and anywhere in Central London is therefore on your door step.
The manageress was very welcoming, even staying up after 11pm to welcome us after a long drive from Plymouth.
The room was stayed in (called The Little Attic Room) was suited to our needs - a lovely, clean en-suite, comfy bed and even a small area with two armchairs to relax in after our long drive.
I must admit we chose a lie-in over breakfast, so can give no review on that save the fact that the smell of bacon was glorious, and nearly dragged us out of bed!
All-in-all, a wonderful little find, and we will definitely be using this hotel again the next time we come down to the rugby.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I was working in Feltham for several months at the end of 2012, I stayed in this hotel on my second week, and from that point on I never even considered staying anywhere else. The hotel itself is lovely, decorated very nicely, and is very warm and inviting. The rooms were always great, very clean and today and during my stays I think I eventually stayed in most of them :-) Dean, the owner, is lovely, very helpful, and nothing was ever too much trouble ( including during one stay when I became ill and he not only offered to get me some cold remedies, but also checked up on me to make sure I was OK.) I ate here on a regular basis, and always found the food to be good, and the portions well sized, they were always more than happy to mix up the available options allowing me to have some more unusual combinations for dinner. After speaking to Dean one evening, and he realised that I was a vegetarian he even put on a couple of extra dishes that I could choose from! I do travel s lot for work and stay in a lot of hotels, and I can honestly say nowhere else has even offered something different. Breakfasts were always great, with great fresh coffee, and in one occasion, Dean, on noticing that the cereal I usually ate was finished, even rushed up to the shop to get some for me!
When my stay in Feltham ended I was genuinely sad to leave Dean and the Ambassador hotel behind. I can say without any hesitation that the next time I need somewhere to stay in this area the ambassador will be the first place on my list, I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay around Feltham, whether for one night or a month, and no matter the occasion!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank beize
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I travel a lot for work, and no matter where I am, the majority of the mid-range hotel rooms are almost identical. The rooms and the overall experience is the same- boring. That is why I was relieved to find this hotel, while working at nearby Bedfont Lakes Business Park (a free bus at the end of the road was a real bonus).
I liked the fact that it felt like a home. Downstairs lounge was very stylish with a real fire. I spent there couple of my evenings with a book and a glass of wine... My room was very cosy, furnished with period furniture and was spotlessly clean.
If you are bored of soulless hotel rooms and want to support local economy rather than corporate entities, give this hotel a try.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
England
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed for three nights with my family and found this to be an excellent hotel. Room was well decorated and very comfortable, overlooking the garden - pity the weather wasn't warmer as it looked a great place to relax! Was within walking distance of the train into London and also into Richmond so no need to drive. Breakfast was great, full English which set us up for the day. Ate dinner there too which was handy on the days we weren't eating out. Owner was friendly and helpful with lots of local knowledge, would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Ambassador Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!