“Charming atmosphere, lovely host!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambassador Heathrow Hotel

Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
“Charming atmosphere, lovely host!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night during a layover from Gatwick to Heathrow. We found a real gem just 30 minutes from the airport. We stayed in the Honeymoon room and could not have been happier. The room was cozy and warm and the bed very comfortable. The shower is big and powerful. There is also a lovely garden in the back for just relaxing on the comfy sofas. However, what makes this place special is the proprietor of the property, Dean. He greeted us at the door, pointed us in the right direction for a pint or two at the local pub and then recommended the best Chinese food we have ever had delivered to our room. He provided us with wine glasses, plates and silverware and napkins for our wonderful in room dining experience. He arranged a taxi for us in the morning which right on time for a flat rate of 16 pounds to Heathrow. If you are arriving in Gatwick and need to get to Heathrow for the next day, take the train to Clapham Jct and switch to the line for Feltham--takes about an hour and then the hotel is in easy walking distance from the station. You cannot go wrong with the Ambassador! PS--my wife and I are also hotel managers so we can be very picky!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its proximity to Heathrow airport, and the larger/chain hotels were ridiculously expensive. It had a huge comfy bed and was nice and clean. They also provided a delicious English breakfast. Short stroll to shops if needed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at this hotel while on a business trip to Bedfont Lakes.

Having previously stayed in St Giles I was really pleased to find this little hotel. It is not big and it is not a part of a chain but privately owned and run. I was made feel very welcome from the minute I arrived which is so refreshing in my experience.

The hotel was very clean with a very nice interior design- a mix of contemporary and antique furniture. It had a lovely relaxing garden with a separate smoking area. Free WiFi was a great bonus. The breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked.

I will definitely return to Ambassador on my next business trip and am also considering a stay with my family to visit London as I understand it is close enough to the train station with 25-minute trains service to central London.

3 Thank Daniel B
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed here with my wife on our last night in London, before flying back home from Heathrow.
On arrival we were greeted by Katerina, who check us in very quickly and showed us our rooms. We stayed in Old Beam Room on top floor. The room was very clean and comfortable, as well as quiet. It had nice antique furniture and nice view of the garden. The sitting area in the garden was very comfortable and we spend a couple of hours relaxing there and drinking tea.
The morning breakfast was outstanding. It was the best English breakfast we had in London.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay. It represented a very good value for money compared with other hotels around Heathrow and we were very happy to stay there rather than in a chain hotel at the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alkaz88
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had a great stay at the Ambassador. The room surpassed our expectations and had all the amenities one might expect. Great toiletries, and a decent quality shower, Good quality linen ona really comfortable bed which really makes a difference to a good night sleep.

We didn't have dinner but enjoyed a really good cooked breakfast in the morning, good quality ingredients really do make a difference, with a decent pot of fresh coffee.

Service was friendly and personable and we will definitely be back.

Thanks

Room Tip: The new rooms on the ground floor and the four poster are my favourites...
2 Thank MRJW1
Newport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have a mixed review on this strange establishment, having recently stayed here during a 2 night business trip. On arrival late afternoon, myself and a separate party of travellers were left locked out stood on the doorstep for a full 5 minutes looking through the glass in the door watching the manageress ignore us whilst she sat at her reception desk counting her money. Once let into the premises (by unknown female - perhaps another guest?), check-in was quick and I was promptly within my 'Old Beam Room'. The room was of good size, clean and furnished with an antique feel, together with the bed being decorated with a somewhat quirky exotic bird feathered cushions and throw. I noted the only toilet roll provided was just five sheets hanging onto the end of the roll so decided 'rationing' was the way forward until maid service the next day. The bed was very uncomfortable with a great big 'hole' on the right-hand side where the springs had gone - causing me to almost roll out of the bed during the night. The garden was very nice with an almost tropical, lush feel, perfect for relaxing in if it were not for unfortunate downpours that day. The waiter in the restaurant, although appeared nice, had absolutely no waiting competence, no clue as to what/wasn't on the menu and in fact seem to surprisingly enquire if i wanted anything at all! Food ordered, he walked off straight away without asking if i'd like a drink, only returning again with my dinner. Available food was admittedly very nice. On my return to my room the next evening I was shocked to find my now empty toilet roll had now been removed, yet not replaced with a new roll. Nothing at all! Luckily the shower was close to hand to double as a bidet. This is not a hotel and struggle to fathom how they can call themselves so. It is a B&B, a quirky B&B that, if it concentrated on sorting out basics such as a decent bed, toilet roll and competent waiting staff, as it does in believing in it's perceived unique furnishings, could be a very nice alternative to the bigger hotels in Feltham. I wished to inform the manageress my issues on checking-out, however, given her reception desk is slap bang next to clients I was on business with having breakfast, I felt embarrassed to do so (for her benefit as well as mine). I wish them luck, but I won't be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank djvallon
Dean H, Manager at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I have deliberated for some time over how to reply to your review and am still not sure how best to address some of the points. Regarding the toilet roll I apologize if it was missing and can assure you that although you should not have had to, had you asked at any time during your 2 day stay with us, we would have immediately replenished along with an apology for it being missing. Unfortunately, this is the only point raised that I can make an apology for as the point regarding the bed I believe to be completely untrue as with the statement regarding waiting outside the front door for five minutes whilst the manageress counted cash? I know the first point to be untrue as the beds are all of a very high quality and none have holes in them- and even though I knew this to be true when I received your review, I further went to the room just to make sure I had not gone mad and double checked the bed and mattress and it is fully intact with no holes and no springs coming through. I know the second point to be untrue as we rarely get paid in cash and on the week in question had a grand total of £80 in £20 notes (so 4 notes) and the rest of the weekly revenue (as usual) was paid by credit and debit card. I also take comfort in the fact that I know Catharina would never be so rude as to leave anybody waiting even 5 seconds outside the front door let alone 5 minutes.

I do have to wonder what type of person would prefer to use the shower as a bidet rather than ask the housekeeper, the waiter or the manager over two days to address the problem but that is something I suppose only you know the answer to.

I have also waited to reply on trip advisor, as I thought I would wait for you to reply to my email asking you some questions about your stay, but as you have decided not to mail me back, or ring, I feel I have to address some of the points you are making as you do not seem willing to explain comments you have made that seem to be untrue.

Finally, the unknown female letting you in was obviously not another guest but our part time waitress and she distinctly remembers coming to the door about 3 seconds after you rang the bell.
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I staid in this hotel without knowing very well what to expect - an agency did the reservation.
At the end the service was great, very familiar, attentive to costumer wishes and home made food was great.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are comfortable and "old style" decor gives them a very comfortable look.
The garden is great and was one very good surprise - even better if the weather is good.
The personnel was helpful and attentive.
I will come back again :)

Room Tip: Not facing the street.
1 Thank SergioAlmeidaPortuga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow
#1 of 23 in Hounslow
4.5 of 5 bubbles 9,826 reviews

Been to Ambassador Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!