“Our Family Holiday”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bloubergstrand
Hwange
“Our Family Holiday”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Memorable experience with the most helpful and courteous staff. The facilities were cosy and comfortable, home away from home. Down side was the need to be herded to reception to get Wi-fi reception as well as the lack of TV's in the bedrooms. Communal TV can get tricky with parents, children and teenagers in the same space.

1 Thank tolanik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very comfortable, spacious apartments. Good location close to beach and plenty of cheap places to eat and nearby 7/11 and service station shops are handy. Very friendly, helpful staff. Great view of Table Bay from the roof terrace.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Aquarius suites the place is nice en clean. I'm planning to take my family there their staff is very helpful room very big en neat. The view is nice its suitable for everyone.love

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Ladysmith, South Africa
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had a very nice 3 night stay. The appartments are very modern, clean and neat. Only disappointment was that they only supply coffee, tea, sugar and milk sachets on arrival. On our last night I phoned the reception for coffee sachets, not minding to pay for it. They simply couldn't help me. As there is only one lift for each block, it's very busy in the morning and early afternoon with all the cleaners, it can be quite a wait to go up or down.

1 Thank Malibu P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I would like to thank you first for organising someone to pick us up at the airport which he was there in time, when we arrived at the hotel the reception was so excellent,location quet but good no noise we felt save since it was only ladies.Your rooms are stunning beeding.But the cleaning part they must try and clean properly were there is carpets I think they jsut clean arround and dusting because we tested this by shifting your table cloth to see if they are going to clean they did not. But all in all, was good we happy we can use your hotel for future,I most liked your bedrooms and bathroom the reption area.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A very good looking apartment! Beautiful views. Lovely beach. On the downside, it's virtually impossible to sleep when the Cape Doctor is in all it's glory as the sound inside is unbearable. Need to seal the doors better. The rooms are carpeted and there's also a carpet in the lounge which was dirty. We asked for it to be cleaned as we had bites from bed bugs or dust mites, etc. lock to the main bathroom was broken. Carpets at the lifts in the reception are dirty. Tiles would be a better option. Bins kept in basement parking area smelled really bad. Parking area was very untidy, with all kinds of stuff stored in basement. Leaks in basement parking was also evident? The place needs some attention. Will be a great place to stay if this is sorted.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Aquarius00, General Manager at Aquarius Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear LoveTravel 2014

Thank you for your feedback as we always value and take the comments guest make to heart. Bloubergstrand is absolutely beautiful with it's white sandy beaches but unfortunately the wind is something we have to contend with. It manages to creap in everywhere, through every crevice possible. If you could mail me personally at gm@aquariussuites.co.za and let me know what apartment you were staying in, I can have the seals of the windows and doors checked.

I want to apologize that you saw the basement and parking areas in an unclean state. I have a new Building Manager and have taken this up with him to check more frequently.

With respect to the dirty carpets in the bedrooms - I agree that tiles would be a great alternative as the carpets are light in colour and a problem to keep clean! This is always a challenge during season time when we have many departures and same day arrivals, giving us little time to properly clean them. My sincere apologies!

The lounge carpets are "shaggy type" carpets and the best way to clean them is to give them a good shake which after your comments, I am checking is being done by my housekeepers!

We are a bit quieter now and we are using this time to make sure that all of our 55 apartments are cleaned thoroughly as well as seeing to the maintanance issues at hand.

I trust that when next you return to Aquarius Luxury Suites, you will be pleasantly surprised!

Kind regards
Shirley du Toit
General Mamager
Bloemfontein
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room we stay in 703 the sliding door of the wardrobe is falling off and can not slide
Also there were no aircon in the suit
The sink was broken so the water does not run out in the barthroom
Over all service was poor room is not good at all
Also we loose our purse in the room and later on the reception said it was pick up at the parking lard

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Aquarius00, General Manager at Aquarius Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Kyle H

Thank you for your review. You will be happy to know that the cupboard doors in the apartment have received new new runners so that they will not fall off again! Being sliding doors, guests tend to be a bit rough with them and damage the rollers. I apologize that you were the unfortunate one's who eneded up with doors coming off!

There are no aircondtioners in our apartments but fans can be requested from reception. We will however be installing ceiling fans in our apartments within the near future. I have addressed the issue with regards to the servicing in the apartments with my housekeeping staff as this is not the norm. Normally we are praised for providing clean apartments. I am sorry about this.

The fact that the bath water would not run out was that the outlet clicker got stuck. Fortunately our maintenance man replaced this as soon as it was reported.

You called reception to inform us that your purse went missing and shortly after reporting this thankfully one of our other guests picked it up in the parking garage and brought it to reception and it was returned to you. I can only think that it must have fallen out when you got out of your car. My staff have never been found to take something not belonging to them.

I trust that should you return you will have an enjoyable stay!

Kind regards
Shirley du Toit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloubergstrand
Dolphin Beach Hotel
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel
#26 of 109 in Cape Town Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#67 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Aquarius Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!