“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bloubergstrand
Bonnievale, South Africa
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed here before and hoped for the same experience. The location is great, but things seem to have deteriorated. The DSTV was not working, and after asking the manager whether he could assist with the problem, his comment was that "this is Africa, what do you expect". Hoping for a quiet lazy morning, the windows were being hosed down at 7am and we had to close the doors and curtains, as we had no privacy.

Why pay exorbitant rates, if you can't enjoy the views and have some privacy?

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2114travels
sfinley51, Manager at Pinard on Sea, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear 2114travels,

We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Pinard on Sea. I think you forgot to relay the part that in your instance too, I did climb up on the roof to examine the satellite dish to ascertain what the problem might be. I could not find anything amiss to the naked eye. It appears my response was to flippant and I apologize to you for that. I thought I was being funny, and I do sometimes forget others do not share my sense of humor. We did discover the dish was out of sync, from the wind which you experienced while here, and my DSTV guy from Nexus, did realign the dish and improve the signal strength considerably.

I am not sure what was happening with the hose pipe at 7 A.M. I can only tell you we do have to keep things as clean as possible and when the wind is blowing as it was while you were here sand and salt and everything else get stuck to the house and get blown inside as well. Cleaning is a non-stop big operation here and we work hard to keep things spotlessly clean at all times.

Again I apologize for you not enjoying your stay with us here at Pinard. Your experience is not the usual for my guests.

Kind Regards,
Stan Finley
Manager
Pinard on Sea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2013

There are no other hotels that rival the view and location of Pinard on Sea, a small boutique hotel that allows you to not only experience the most lauded view of Table Mountain in history, but the ocean and the quaint surroundings that is Bloubergstrand.
Best restaurants and beach on the rock experience in the Cape of Good Hope.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms with a direct view of table mountain. Naturally the one on the 3rd floor is the b...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Great service, accommodation, view, location, price

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Sting54
Reviewed 26 May 2010

The reason anyone books Pinard on Sea is for the absolutely breathtaking view of Table Mountain, the Sea, and Robben Island in the distance. The interior décor and the ambiance are very well measured and maintained by the manager, but the facilities could be improved. I would advice booking early as Pinard tends to be a popular guest house.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sting54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloubergstrand
Blouberg Manor Boutique Hotel
The Sir David Boutique Guest House
Bloubergstrand Sunset Lodge
Bloubergstrand Sunset Lodge
#7 of 52 in Bloubergstrand

Been to Pinard on Sea? Share your experiences!