Byoona Amagara
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kabale
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Gorilla Safari Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Silverback Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
View Hotel
Savannah Resort Hotel(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeluxe geodomeopen airin advancehot waterlake bunyonyicatfishoutdoor showerview of the lakelog cabinsmall islandfamily cottageswimming docksurrounding islandsour entire tripeco toiletsrelaxing placeeco lodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The geodomes are lovely and something a bit different, with great views. Food is nice and very good value for money. Lots of activities like biking, canoeing, swimming, movies. Polite, helpful staff. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sallycinnamon999
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were a group of 6 people we really enjoyed Byoona Amagara this is really a fantastic place with an amazing view out of the Geodomes and Cottages. But in the end we left the island without our backpacks!!

The food is in our opinion well-price and good and you can get a beer for 4,000 UGX, what you barely find in other touristic places. We made a trip with a boat what is also a good fun even if need some time to learn how to do it.

So I would really recommend this place, but unfortunately someone stole our backpacks in our last night. We left our Geodome Cottage to have dinner and some drinks with our friends in the restaurant, after we came back the backpacks where gone. Luckily we had the most worthy things like laptops, cameras with us. The other backs where too big for the locker, so we ask if we can leave things at the reception. The manager said this locker should be enough and a night guard is also around, so we didn´t mind to leave this bags behind.

After a troublesome night was the manager helpful and went with us to the police and also took care that we get the report, because we had to return to Kampala. The police officer told us that the guards on the island are too few for the size and that it´s the fault of Byoona Amagara so they have to refund us for the lost things, if the thief cannot be caught.

From our side we didn´t want to make the burden on them to big and we tried to get the money for the insured things from the insurance. The other not insured things we told the manager that we want Byoona Amagara to refund this. In the beginning he said he understands and the police as well said that they have to pay all, so we thought they can at least pay the uninsured part. After we send the list with the things we were demanding, the owner of the company just replied per mail and said he is sorry and it is our fault. So now we have to go the long way with the police.

So it is a beautiful place but we really felt unsecure in the last night, if you sleep in open cottages and you cannot be sure that anytime someone can stand in front of your bed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom_Travels99
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a deluxe dome in this amazing place. You pay so little for what you get. The food is great as well! The island and views are beautiful, and it's great fun to walk around with all the small paths you can follow. We also met two brothers called John and Gerard living in a small village at the island, you easily find them when you just leave the byoona amagara premises while walking around. They do a community project for orphans and Gerard wants to start a small cafe with local food and drinks in an outside hut to earn some extra income for the project. I bought some colorful selfmade bracelets of them. Worth checking out!
The kitchen staff wasn't very friendly with me, instead of helping me when I had a question, they talked about me in their own language right in my face and laughed at me when I asked them what they were talking about. They also wanted to overcharge me for laundry. When I told another staff member, a very kind man called Friday, it stopped.
Still I give this place 5 stars, because it's absolutely stunning and unbelievable value!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T_Koomen
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Warm, friendly and welcoming staff. AMAZING location and views from the lake. Perfect for relaxing and a romantic get away for couples, especially the deluxe geodomes. Food is incredible! Must try the crayfish avocado dish. To die for! No complaints whatsoever, amazing place to stay.

Tour company, also very good. Helpful, friendly and efficient. Great value for money. Our tour to see the gorillas was very well organized at a great price. Staff will go out of their way to ensure clinets are happy and safe. Two of the staff members were happy to wait with us for approx 2 hours at the bus station for an overnight bus to ensure we away safely. Very impressive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I traveled here with my friends who rented one of the basic geodesic huts while I stayed in the dorm room. The dorm room was comfortable with skylights and warm blankets but I would say it's worth it to splurge on the huts. The porch is gorgeous looking out onto the water. The swimming dock has three lounge chairs and while it was rainy most of our trip we still sat out on the dock every day. The staff were friendly and attentive. New Year's Eve they had traditional drummers play and sing which was lovely. We also had a small dance party in the dining area. The food was delicious and they have non instant coffee, wine and even sell chocolate bars for those with a sweet tooth. A wonderful stay and a great retreat from Ugandan travel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends