The resort is located directly on the Bunyonyi Lake close to several other similar establishments. The "cottages" are in reality only rooms and at the newly increased prices are really too expensive for what is offered.
The room was adequate and clean but a bit on the small side. The walls are paper-thin - you can hear anything that is said or done in the room next door. The attached bathroom was very small, with the window broken. There was warm water but it only lasted for approx. 2 minutes each time.
The non-self-contained tents may be slightly better value.
The site as such is well maintained, although it can get rather crowded if one or two overlander trucks arrive.
The restaurant serves decent meals at fair prices but service is quite slow.
Would be a good backpacker's option, but after recent price hikes it's overpriced for what it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering Spectacular views of the lake, Bunyonyi Overland Resort is set on the shores of Lake Bunyonyi. The resort has a children's playground and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site. With over 40 rooms Bunyonyi Overland Resort offers accommodation in Lake Bunyonyi for all budgets. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. You do canoeing,bird watching, hiking at this resort, and the area is popular for diving. The resort also offers bike hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HostelWorld and Jovago.com so you can book your Bunyonyi Overland Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Bunyonyi Overland Hotel Kisoro
- Bunyonyi Overland Resort Uganda/Kabale