“Nice food, good value, great staff”
Review of A Chamine

A Chamine
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Altura
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fernando is a gem and couldn't have been more helpful. We dined for dinner on one evening and lunch the following day. All orders were taken care of professionally and the recommendations provided tasted superb

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went here with a group of 6, some of whom had visited before. At my sister's recommendation I shared a starter of apple, salad, prawns and caramelised onion- delicious. I thin had the lamb cutlets in mint sauce, which were excellent, though looked jealously at the fat veal steaks that two others had. I chose the last remaining tiramisu, which was quite good, but the other desserts were disappointing.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice in the space of a one week holiday with my wife and 2yo daughter. Very nice atmosphere and decor. Staff very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and fresh and the shrimp starter to die for! Great selection of seafood (and other food) to choose from at reasonable prices. Great experience.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We decided to go here after reading reports on Tripadvisor and weren't disappointed.
It was November so the restaurant was pretty quiet when we got there.
The waiter explained everything to us in English - the menu was in Portuguese.
The kitchen was easily visible which was great to watch. The service and food was excellent & it wasn't overly expensive.
My wife had fish and I had the veal. Both dishes were lovely - my veal fillet was very large!
The accompanying rice with tomatoes, peppers and prawns was excellent.
As I said the service was really good and the wine we ordered was lovely.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

After having a Villa in the area for eight years, we finally had a meal here at the beginning of the season, (May) last year. We had a lovely evening, the maitre d' was fun & very helpful, the food was really good, (the Chef is the owner), we will be visiting again this May when we open the Villa after the winter break.

1  Thank Henry F