“Fantastic FOR Families”

Las Rosas Apartments
Newcastle
“Fantastic FOR Families”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We can't wait to go back, we stayed in Villa 81, which was privately rented out by Kim & Clive, who also own 101. We loved the location! The pool area (with friendly life guard) which had a raised soft astro turf area...ideal for toddlers. We went with our 13 month old son and found it perfect..... the surrounding area is very hilly, but we discovered some fantastic bars & restaurants. We are planning our return already. We usually stay in private villas/town houses in spain, but this was a perfect get-away and we really enjoyed our time in Los Gigantes.
Top tips, you must go to the cake shop down 'heart attack hill' and have one meal at El Rincon de Juan Carlos....the best meal i've EVER had! We found the local supermarkets expensive, however a british expat told us near the end of our visit to go to Mercadona nearer to Puerto de Santiago, which is were the locals go! but its slightly out the way.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mamapeapch
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you cant wait to stay with us again. We agree the cake shop is always a must and Mercadona supermarkets (much like Tesco) are where us locals shop (found all over the island) and prices will be more reasonable for weekly supplies.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I do not normally write reviews but Las Rosas was so good, I have made the effort.

The view from our villa's terrace was stunning: a wide expanse of clear blue sea edged by giant cliffs and colourful flowers. The atmosphere on site was relaxed with a bar overlooking a large pool and good quality loungers. The manager was friendly and helpful (when our DVD player didn't work he arranged for it to be replaced quickly; and he also confirmed our transfer home for us) and it was only a short walk to restaurants (a bit quiet for me but that's just my personal taste) and the supermarket.

There was a full time lifeguard who, however, was very strict and I do not think we got our safe deposit back but these are minor niggles and I do not wish to detract from the overall very positive experience.

Finally I should mention the very best part which is the natural sea pool (signed natural piscine) which is a very short walk away and was almost visible from our terrace. Do not miss going down there when it is high tide to see the waves crash into the naturally formed sea pool. Spray and foam high and ferocious! My husband and son stood on the wall (you would never be allowed to do it in England because of safety) and enjoyed the exhilaration of the waves knocking them off into the frothing pool. If you prefer a more sedate experience go at low tide and just swim in the pool which is then calm.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - there are lots.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and taking the time to make them. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you had to leave a review. The natural sea pool is always worth a trip / swim.
Ripon
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Once again Las Rosas did not disappoint. After many visits(not as time share) we have enjoyed two relaxing hot weeks.
It has to be said though that some of the evenings entertainers are coming to the end if their sell by date, but others are very good.

• Stayed September 2011
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your return visit to Las Rosas and that it was sunny for you.
carrickfergus
Reviewed 18 September 2011

If you dislike all the things usually associated with time share venues check out this superb low rise group of villas with the emphasis on quiet,relaxing wellbeing.Everything about this place is the tops from food to staff to care and attention.Away from all the noisy commercial areas where you can really relax and anjoy a lovely time amongst a friendly welcoming clientele who will be friends very soon.

Room Tip: ask for a villa with a view of the fantastic cliffs
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank derek f
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed a relaxing break with us.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed at Las Rosas between the 9th August and 23rd August 2011 via RCI. As you would expect the weather in August was ‘Scorchio’ every day.

I normally never get around to writing online reviews, but decided on this occasion that the resort deserved the effort.

The Villa we stayed in was of a very good standard, lots of space split over four levels.
Only real issues were no double bed and the security box required a key as opposed to a PIN number. Air conditioning is currently being fitted to the Villas. The balcony provided a fantastic sea view.

The staff and other families were all very friendly with a lot of families returning year on year.

Las Rosas is in an excellent quiet location with easy down hill access to many restaurants, the harbour (water sports and boat trips available) and a couple of black sand beaches (as anyone mentioned it’s hilly? Oh yes indeed!). Walk down and then taxi back for 3 euro.

The pool area was very pleasant with the use of balls and inflatables allowed during certain times of the day.

Overall we all had a lovely relaxing holiday and would thoroughly recommend Las Rosas.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Icklef
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments and taking the time out to make them. I am pleased that you found the villa met your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay. The Air Con is only on trial in one villa. The outcome of the trial will determine if the villas are fitted throughout.
Scotland
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Las Rosas apartments at Puerto de Santiago near Los Gigantes in Tenerife for 1 week in August 2011. We were using one of my parents timeshare exchange weeks so we were not paying much for the apartment which was good. We arrived and were given our key and directions to our room. We were advised that we had to pay a deposit of 10 euro for each pool towel. I've never had to pay this before. In other resorts we have been to we've been given a card and if you don't return the card at the end of your trip you are charged.

We arrived at our room to find the bathroom stinking of sewage. Nice! My husband is involved in the construction business and worked out that once you flushed the toilet you had to run all the taps in the bathroom to refill the U-bends and minimise the smell. Bleach and air freshener were a must.

Then we discovered you needed a key for the safe in the room. You'd have thought in this day and age they would have an electric one. No one mentioned this when we arrived so we had to go back to reception to get a key at a cost of I think 9 euro for the key and a 20 euro deposit. We were beginning to get the idea that you needed a deposit to do anything.

The general furnishings in the apartment were nice. 2 single beds which were not very comfortable and who on earth wants to sleep in single beds. The apartment had a washing machine that broke. No AIR CON! We could not believe that they only had ceiling fans.

The apartment was mean to be cleaned during our stay but all they did was change the beds and towels once. They didn't even sweep the floors and I'm not sure when the balcony had last been cleaned.

The external areas are all well kept but there were a LOT of noisy children, teenagers and families at the pool so we tended to avoid it where ever possible.

From what I saw the entertainment at night wasn't great. The bar though was quite reasonably priced with a good choice of drinks. We didn't eat in the restaurant on site so I can't comment. The mini market on site was dire. Thankfully there was a well stocked supermarket only minutes away.

Our overall impression of the staff was that they were very helpful. I wish I hadn't filled in the comment form until after we'd checked out though. On our last day I went to reception to check out. I handed over our 2 room keys and the safe key expecting to be given my 20 euro deposit. The lady dealing with me finished checking me out them moved onto doing something else. I then had to ask for my deposit and was faced with a somewhat unhappy face. They clearly intended to keep it. I was informed I needed my receipt to get the deposit back. Thankfully I had the receipt to hand but could not believe how difficult this was made. They should have offered me my deposit when they were given the key. A receipt is irrelevant. If I had lost the key but went back with my receipt I suspect they would not have given me my deposit!

The final problem was 2 days before our last day I completed a "flight info" form and gave it to reception. I discussed getting a taxi from the resort back to the airport. They seemed to be pushing for us to get a mini bus for 20 euro less but we were keen not to chance ending up in a mini bus for 45 min with loud obnoxious adults and children. We discussed times etc. I was under the impression that they were organising the taxi as she specifically wrote down the time for the taxi and said she'd organise it. 30 minutes before we were due to be picked up and low and behold they hadn't organised one. Apparently I would have had a receipt and, wait for it paid a 5 euro deposit if they had! I couldn't believe it another deposit.

All in all we did have a nice holiday. The area is quite nice. A lot of horrid British/Irish bars but if you can avoid them you can find some lovely tapas food and local canarian restaurants. I definitely would not stay at Las Rosas again though. I cannot believe it is mean to have a gold star. Cheap holiday but nothing special.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank skjetaway
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments. Deposits on various items at the resort are a necessity as many guests accidently dont return towels, keys etc. The deposits help to remind guests to return items or cover the costs of replacement. The manual system works well and therefore the costly upgrade to a card system is not justified. If you had reported any problems with the bathroom/washing machine to reception then maintenance could have attended to any problems. Sadly you did not. The safes are operated by key rather than electronic keyboard. Again if the safes are in perfect working order there is no justification for the cost of new ones. Most resorts / hotels and guests prefer twin rooms. This elimates any problems for guests who are not couples. The resort is not advertised with Air Con. Las Rosas is a family resort and therefore children making noise whilst having fun is to be expected during the school holidays. The staff at reception are hard working and long time trustworthy staff who have nothing to gain from the non return of a deposit as it is not kept by the individual. We are pleased at the end you enjoyed your holiday but perhaps you would be better served travelling outside the school holiday periods.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Beautiful villas, fabulous pool, bar and restaurant, friendly staff. Fantasic. Will definiately be going back again. Lovely harbour just a short walk with lots more lovely bars and restaurants there and on the walk down.

Room Tip: All lovely
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your recent holiday. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de Santiago
Ona El Marques
Ona El Marques
#1 of 3 in Santiago del Teide
El Marques Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group
El Marques Palace by Intercorp H...
#7 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
#5 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
El Sombrero
El Sombrero
#2 of 3 in Los Gigantes

Been to Las Rosas Apartments? Share your experiences!