Just returned from 2 weeks at the holiday village Tenerife (also known as Luabay Costa Los Gigantes) Good holiday overall, hence the 4 stars, however from my point of view, the hotel had both good and bad points:
- food (especially Mexican evening in the specialty restaurant - book as soon as you arrive)
- overall cleanliness (room cleaned every day, towels and linen changed every 3-4 days)
- spacious rooms (we had a twin room and another room with sofa bed which split into 2 separate beds for the children)
- fridge in room with beer, Pepsi and water
- lots to do ( high ropes, mini golf, park, soft play, pool activities and kids clubs if needed)
- excursions available (recommend flipper uno /top class boats which we booked direct in Los Gigantes and also Siam Park, however probably wouldn't do premium tickets again, as 1 locker is fine for a family of 4 and food/drink is not too expensive)
- Spa. You get a free water circuit pass to use in the first couple of days. The spa is lovely and you can also take kids on certain days/times, which my daughter enjoyed.
- it's not just British, which we liked.
Not so good points:
- lifts are unreliable (8 of us were stuck for 20 minutes in a lift and the alarm didn't work. Eventually we had to open doors from inside and climb out between floors. Recommend you have a phone with you to contact reception in case this happens to you)
- sun beds. Many were broken and if you want to be by the activity pool you need to be up at silly o'clock. In the end we stayed by the quiet pool where you can still find sunbeds after 8am, however they are packed in)
- be aware that although all inclusive, there are many ways of spending money in the hotel and if you have kids, you might be saying 'no' a lot. E.g Photographers, games room, artists, shops, etc.
Overall we had a good couple of weeks, but found the holiday village too big and lacking the personal touch. It's just not for us so we wouldn't return.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Village Tenerife Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Holiday Village Tenerife Puerto De Santiago