“Blue Diamond aparthotel, Cabo Roig”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Diamant Blue

Diamant Blue
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Playa Flamenca
London, United Kingdom
“Blue Diamond aparthotel, Cabo Roig”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

if your looking for a reasonably priced, clean aparthotel, next to the bars & restaurants of the Cabo Roig "strip", this is it. New & very presentable accomodation, ideal for a place to 'bunk down ' with all the necessary amenties just outside the door. It is very central, but don't expect a 'room with a view'. But in the end, you get what you pay for and the internal facilities & amenities are up to par.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank malxmclean

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August and it was a very positive experience. The apartement was obviously New, very clean and in perfect condition. a real "home away from home". The hotel is located one block away from the main street, which is good with respect to traffic noise. But it is also quite close to the restaurant area, so some noise from people passing by must be expected. Some noise from people passing through the reception area must also be expected.

Nevertheless, this appaertement hotel was a positive experience, and I'd gladly stay there again if I go back to Cabo Roig some time.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank CillaN
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a trip to Spain on my own. I was familiar with the area and wanted somewhere close to the shops and the beach as I wasn't planning to rent a car. This hotel was perfect for that. At one end of the road "the strip" begins with all the restaurants bars and shops you need, and at the other end the coastal path that leads you down to the beach or along the coast to other resorts.
The room was excellent. Open plan living dining area. 2 bedrooms (I chose the single room for myself as the double was on the street side and I was concerned it might be a little more noisy at night). Seperate kitchen and bathroom and balcony. I was disappoiinted the balcony wasn't more open, but actually as it looked out onto the street it was ideal as you were shielded somewhat from onlookers but could still catch the sun in the afternoon!
Plumbing was sometimes slightly tempremental and I had to wait quite some time for hot water on 2 occasions but it came eventually, just as I was bracing myself for the difficult bi-lingual telephone call to reception!
I don't think the hotel was especially busy during my stay, but this suited me fine as the 2 days I chose to sit by the pool I had the area all to myself which was perfect. It is quite a small pool area and I can imagine it would get a little claustrophobic if there were too many trying to use it at once.
Maid service will come and replace your towels and clean in the bathroom/kitchen and empty bins any day you put the sign on the door, which I liked because it meant you weren't disturbed any other days by unexpected knocks on the door.

I got the impression that the hotel isn't particularly used to the English visitor. The ladies that checked me in didn't speak any English to me, which is unusual for that area, and there is only one English language tv channel. I would recommend taking a portable DVD player as I did if you intend to spend evenings in the apartment for whatever reason.
Also, I'm almost ashamed to say, I took some tea bags with me as I was arriving on a Sunday and I know some of the shops close early, so I thought at least I could have a cup of black tea worst ways. No kettle! Resigned myself to boiling a saucepan each time but the only suitable drinking vessels were tiny tea cups, and no teapot, so abandoned the idea altogether as too much like hard work, stuck to Sangria instead!! Otherwise kitchen provisions were perfectly adequate.

I was disappointed that the rooftop bar I'd seen photos of on the website didn't seem to be open, as it was the only place I thought I might feel comfortable going alone. But when I tried to get up there the door was locked and there was no information anywhere!

All in all I would recommend this as a jolly decent base for a holiday in that area. Paticularly for couples/singles. Close to all amenities. Lovely modern apartments. Just pack a travel kettle!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
#3 of 19 in Torrevieja
Aparthotel Atlas
Aparthotel Atlas
#7 of 19 in Torrevieja

Been to Diamant Blue? Share your experiences!