“Best sea bass in salt year upon year”
Review of Macues

Macues
Reserve with
Macues is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 169 Restaurants in Manilva
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I have been coming to this restaurant for many years - both the food and the service never fail to impress
Whether I am visiting on a solo trip or with my husband we are so well looked after. Every single member of the team go out of their way to make you feel special.
The food is to die for, and I could eat the fish in salt over and over again.
This is my favourite restaurant in the whole of the coast

1  Thank rgoodin

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

A wonderful welcome from the very Senior owner and his young and happy family proved to be just the beginning of a smashing evening culminating in being shown why the worlds top golfers flock to this Jewell . There is an amazing collection of golfing memorabilia presented to the owner everybody who is somebody on the Spanish golf scene . BUT enough about golf and focus on the best sea food that I have ever eaten in Spain over ten years!! Outstanding and innovative dishes , beautifully presented and complimented by a brilliant and very reasonably priced wine list . This was a truly great restaurant and one we will go back to for sure

1  Thank 84NigelM
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Came here with Mrs and of course everywhere does seafood being at the sea, but this place is amazing, starters perfectly portioned and the shrimp paella is to die for!

Service is amazing to and not long wait for food
I'll be back to this place first on next visit

Reviewed 25 April 2016

One of the old established restaurants in Puerto La Duquesa, for many years said to be the best restaurant outside of Marbella. It occupies a prime first floor position right on the waterfront and is a perfect venue for special events, birthdays etc.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We were only stopping by Puerto Duquesa for a nice meal before heading back to Malaga and we were charmed by the beautiful look of this traditional restaurant overlooking the port.

Sadly, that's where the compliments end. The staff were hostile towards us and cold, almost as if they didn't respect us as we weren't Spanish. Both my mum and I speak quite good Spanish thankfully, so we ordered our food in Spanish. We also understood the waiters joking to other clients about the 'English clientele' and how uncivilised they were. Something we found deeply offensive.

The meal itself was acceptable, but what was not acceptable was the violent and frankly dangerous food poisoning we experienced as a result of the 'gambas al pil pil' (prawns) they served me as an entree. This was the only dish that both my mum and I shared throughout the entire 48 hours and we were both ill around 4-6 hours after having the meal (typical timing for food poisoning to develop). We ended up throwing up violently throughout the night and still to this day (3 days after) are feeling utterly nauseous and without appetite. We would have rung and complained about this but we were so ill and bed-ridden and without energy that we simply could not. Even if we had done, the reaction I'm sure would have been unprofessional and rude.

I'm not sure whether this is as a result of a poor batch of prawns or some generally dirty kitchens, but either way it is utterly unacceptable and is something that should be reported to the public health services.

2  Thank TheMcQuittyFamily
andres g, Gerente at Macues, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear costumer:
Regarding your opinion published in this web on the 23/03/2016. I would like to say that, after 34 years in front of this restaurant, it is the first time I receive a critique or an opinion in the terms you've made it. As you can check we don't reply to any comment, independent of the type, but due to the fact that you refear to a delicate item, and questionable at the same time, I've felt the obligation to comment the followings.
About the reference you've made regarding the treat received from ours waiters, I would like to point out that they work with us for more than 34 years and they know perfectly well that one of our restaurant principles is a cordial, friendly and pleasant treat towards our costumers, which the majority have different nationalities and are regular users of our services. Therefore worker and some customers get to have enough confidence to joke between them, but at no time will make offensive comments to anyone, regardless of their origin.
If in any moment you've felt offended or you've misinterpreted some comments from another table or you've considered unappropiate the treat received, you could have informed of it, in that moment, the restaurant manager, which surely would have clarified the situation to everyone's satisfaction. Anyway, I apologize if you've felt offended at some point, but I can assure you it wasn't the intention of any of the staff members.
A much more delicate issue is the reference you've made to a possible and hypotetical food intoxication. The dish you refear to, is a typical one and daily consumed by our costumers, and we only received a complain of it which is yours. If at any point you've had the slightest doubt about the healthiness of the product, you should have reported it directly to the restaurant staff, which would have immediatly withdraw it from the menu and clarified the possible deterioration, and so avoid it consumption by other costumers. Althought you did not communicate the food incident, we did not receive any complaint or comment regard it, so we think no one else was affected by the same symptoms as you have, even though it was consumed by several persons.
Due to the importance of the matter I would like you to contact us directly and clarify what happened, and invite you and any costumer who wishes to come to our kitchen and value the hygiene and healthiness degree of the restaurant; as well as to check the origin and quality of the products used to elaboraye our dishes.-
Finally thank your for visiting our restaurant and the time spent writing your opinion and I hope I have clarified the situation and I have met your conformity with all the above.