The hotel is located on the Duquesa Hills so a car is very practical if you want to get around. It's surrounded by other apartment buildings and empty fields so it's really quiet in the night, there are no restaurants or bars nearby but there is a park where you can go mini-golfing until 10PM. At the bottom of the hill you have the main street with 2 large supermarkets and the beach. You can walk down the hill - it takes around 15 minutes to walk down, probably around 30 minutes to walk up since it's quite steep. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in Sabinillas or Duquesa - villages which are around 10 minutes away from the hotel (by car). It's a good location for day-trips.
We booked this as a last-minute trip (flight & hotel package) and since we booked quite late the only offers left were with 2 bedrooms – although we only needed one bedroom we took the offer because the price was ok and were looking forward to a nice holiday.
We received the worse room upon check-in, room 37 and unfortunately we had to a list of complaints during the first hours of our stay:
- 2 plug sockets were not covered so the cables where sticking out - maintenance came by to repair other things and said this isn't a problem, leaving them as they were.
- the safe wouldn't open, the bathroom door wouldn't close – they repaired this within 2-3 hours.
- the knob on the washing machine was broken, the microwave was damaged, we had no trash can
- no air-conditioning (possibly the only room without air-conditioning but with cables from what used to be an air-conditioner sticking out of the wall on the terrace)
- no curtains in the second bedroom, no light-bulb in the lamp in the second bedroom.
- the mattress in the double-bed was extremely uncomfortable due to the ancient spring mattress, so we had to spend our first night sleeping in the second bedroom, in separate beds in order to avoid back-pain.
- the room walls were dirty, cracked and with holes
- the terrace was in a very poor state, some tiles were no longer attached to the floor/walls
- we were expected to clean the apartment before checking out – actually washing up the floor – cleaning material was on the terrace.
On top of all this, we were given the wrong key for the entrance so we couldn't access the building after 11 PM and since nobody was at the reception after that time, we had to ask another guest to open the door for us so we could get to our room (luckily we received the right key for the room)
It was very uncomfortable and embarrassing to have to go to the reception and complain almost every hour because we kept encountering things which were not as expected or as should be in the room, still, the person at the reception refused to give us another room, claiming all other rooms are reserved for other guests – although the hotel looked half-empty. The following morning I complained again, this time to another person at the reception who I believe was also the manager and he immediately offered us another room. Room 123. This room was much better, the bed was comfortable, the balcony was not that deteriorated. The couch was quite disgusting, old with white stains – I'd rather not think about what those stains were.
Free Wi-Fi only works downstairs in the "lounge" and it doesn't always work. If it doesn't work you have to pay for the other Wi-Fi.
The pool was clean, not very big but enough. The sunbeds were terrible, they were hard and deteriorated and there were not mattresses to put on them, therefore they were completely uncomfortable. The gym is ok, the sauna and wellness-area are in the cellar: a very small, constricted and dark area so we didn't make use of the facilities.
All in all, the room was ok after we moved, but I would definitely not return. The hotel is in dire need of a makeover / renovation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pueblo El Goleto Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo El Goleto Aparthotel Hotel Manilva
- Pueblo El Goleto Aparthotel Costa Del Sol/Manilva, Spain