“building work outside my balcony”
Review of Hotel Agamenon

Hotel Agamenon
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Es Castell
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hi
The roof caved in on an extension just outside my balcony.Did the hotel care about me - no.I was told it has to be repaired and they had no other rooms.Did the Thomson rep care- no.I was an inconvenience until I bought a tour.I paid 1200 for a week's stay because I am a single traveller and to be honest I feel I have been robbed.
I cannot use the balcony and have the curtains drawn which the hide the view I paid for.Very very disappointed
The food is lukewarm but edible

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank disgruntled818

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just returned from a week at the Agamenon Hotel. We had a fantastic time, lovely clean hotel, great food and the staff exemplary from the moment you arrive until you leave. Nothing was too much trouble, a fantastic team who are a credit to the hotel. It was my Birthday on our last night and I was given a Birthday cake and all the staff and guests sang Happy Birthday which was lovely.

Beds a bit hard for me but perfect for hubby.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynda H
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is in a quiet position which for us was excellent. There are lots of small things which made our stay absolutely perfect - there is no piped music, the food is fantastic, the staff are extremely helpful, there is no kids club and the nearest beach is some miles away. It's a short walk to the local harbours and only slightly further into Mahon. You can catch a bus into Mahon which runs every 30 minutes and costs 1.65 Euros. The rooms are immaculate and cleaned every day to exacting standards. There is a nice swimming pool surrounded by sun beds but unlike many other places we have stayed, there is no need to reserve them and no matter what time we arrived at the pool we had a choice. All the rooms have a view of the sea - the question is what sort of a sea view! Either overlooking the pool where you can see views of Mahon and boats in the harbour and you will get sun on your balcony until it sets. Alternatively on the other side of the hotel you get views out to sea and morning sun - it depends what you would prefer! We opted for a high floor overlooking the harbour and it was perfect. There is a little entertainment in the hotel a couple of nights per week - one night a small band played really good music to dance to - and the local Spanish dance club came along too! We dance in the UK and had a great time. All in all, my only concern about writing a review is that more people will get to know about this oasis of tranquillity which for us represents a perfect holiday. Thank you very much Agamenon Hotel, we are sad to return home but looking forward to coming back soon. Finally, anyone like us arriving independently, there is no need to book transfers - a private taxi cost us 16 euros each way. If anyone has any questions - I will be pleased to try and help so just send a message.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Dougnowell
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First class all the way. The staff couldn't do enough to help in every capacity. It was our silver wedding and they left us a bottle if cava in our room. The breakfast was wonderful and the choice extremely varied for everyone. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 6copperfields
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a special hotel. Lovely location, lovely staff, lovely food. Cannot wait to return. If you want to stay in a peaceful, pretty location, in a comfortable, spotlessly clean hotel, run by amazing staff look no further.

Room Tip: You will have a view from any room but a high floor will give you the best one
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marthasaunty
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for our minimoon and we had a lovely time.
The hotel us located overlooking a harbour so we asked for a room with a view and that's exactly what we were given.
All the staff were friendly and helpful including Richard who welcomed us on reception.
The hotel was spotlessly clean which was noticeable as soon as you walk in.
Breakfast was lovely, there was something for everyone, from a cooked breakfast to continental, even a glass of bubbly if you fancied.
The pool area was nice, it never felt over crowded, there were some lounges away from the pool in a lovely little setting overlooking the harbour, very relaxing and peaceful.
The hotel seemed to be in a residential area so there wasn't a lot of shops, bars or restaurants around. We had a 10 - 15 min walk to the spa which was left out of the hotel, we found a couple of small bars there where you could eat too, we just ate at our hotel which was lovely. There are 1 or 2 bars down by the little harbour not far from the hotel and they were nice.
There is also a bus stop about 10 mins from the hotel too which takes you into Mahon, it only takes about 15 mins at cost us €3.30 altogether one way which was great, from there you can have a little open train ride round the town or a glass bottom boat which we did and was lovely, or take another bus to one of the beaches which we did also, so although the hotel is in a residential area so doesn't have the nightlife some people look for, it's very peaceful but you're not cut off from everything else either.
For what we wanted, which was peace, sun and relaxation it was just right and if that's what you're looking for then I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Emmahotpants
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a last minute week in lovely Menorca and found ourselves at Hotel Agamenon. Great location/views. Hotel clean, modern and well run. Staff were all unfailingly cheerful, courteous and very helpful. Good location with lots to see, do and eat. Found bus services and taxis worked well for days out and we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. If you are after a riot of noise look elsewhere, but for a relaxing, civilised break this is a great destination for the money (just over 500 each inc flights/transfers on B&B basis in August) with Thos C.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 13 in Cala'n Bosch
PortBlue San Luis
PortBlue San Luis
#1 of 3 in S'Algar

Been to Hotel Agamenon? Share your experiences!