We arrived in the dark to the Royal Sun and were a bit wary as it was a very dark road, but we were straight away greeted by a very polite member of the reception team who sent us off to our room.
The room - well it was beautiful, exceptionally clean and very well equipped. The bathroom was huge and so was the bed which was very comfy. The balcony however was the main focal point and it was humungous, we had our own sunbeds, table and chairs and it was very private with a breath taking view of the Los Gingantes mountains. We could not have asked for more.
The pool area and the hotel in general was spotless and very well maintained, no complaints what so ever. Again the view was exceptional.
Los Gigantes itself has some hidden gems in terms of restaurants. Casa Pedro and The Fisherman's Inn both in Santiago we fantastic, it was some of the best food ive ever tasted and was caught fresh every day (the fish). Both are well worth a try and well worth every penny.
You can get on the local bus to the busier resorts i.e. Las Americas, it cost us 7 euro each for a return which lasts all day and the buses run from early till late.
Id advise the Fisher Uno boat trip to see the whales and the dolphins, we paid 20 euro and really enjoyed, we got fed and watered and got to jump in the sea from a rope swing which was all good fun.
We will be returning next year without a doubt, already saving the pennys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs' highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From elegant dining in "Aqua" restaurant, managed by Lucas Maes, one of the prestigious Canarian chefs, to thematic buffets in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the modern gym and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including air conditioning in lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a complete kitchen. The bathrooms have a walk in shower, or semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Royal Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sun Apartments Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Royal Sun Resort Los Gigantes, Tenerife