We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Royal Sun Resort and we already want to go back. The hotel is in a stunning location with views across the town of Los Gigantes, the harbour and the huge cliffs. The hotel staff are ALL extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are large, well equipped and cleaned daily. The balcony is vast with sunbeds. The pool is clean and there are plenty of sunbeds and parasols. Although located at the top of the hillside, it's a pleasant walk down into the town (there's a short-cut which runs down the hillside opposite the Colonial Park Hotel). Walking back up the hill can be a struggle, but there are plenty of taxis available which cost around £2 to run you back. The hotel also provides a free shuttle taxi which is helpful if you happen to be leaving the hotel or the town at the scheduled time.
The hotel does provide hospitality for a regular delegation of Russian visitors, but that didn't really have an impact on us. We just chose not to eat in the hotel restaurant on the nights the entertainment was specific for the Russians. When we did chose to eat in the restaurant, the food was excellent and was served on the terrace with the views across the town.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. When we return, we will definitely have a hire car as the town is small and has limited shops and restaurants, but there are plenty of places to visit if it's a first trip to Los Gigantes.
For anyone reading this having booked the hotel, we are very envious as we are sure that you will have a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs' highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From elegant dining in "Aqua" restaurant, managed by Lucas Maes, one of the prestigious Canarian chefs, to thematic buffets in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the modern gym and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including air conditioning in lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a complete kitchen. The bathrooms have a walk in shower, or semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sun Apartments Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Royal Sun Resort Los Gigantes, Tenerife