I give it 3 stars simply because you get what you pay for. Booked this as a last minute in the travel agents, and so didn't get chance to look at reviews. The apartment was like a mishmash of 80s tat. The woodwork was probably a fair reflection of the general state of the apartment - sticky, in need of repair, and looking tired. It was poorly equipped for a self catering place - we had 3 plates, and four of everything else (it was SC for 4 people) .We had 3 pans, and a kettle that fused the apartment and left a scorch mark on the work surface. Twin beds in the bedroom, and the most uncomfortable pull out double bed in the living area. There was no air con, or fan, so we sweltered all night. The towels were changed every other day, and the bins were emptied too. If you value your sleep (and sanity) this is NOT the place for you. The bin lorry arrived every other midnight to collect and woke everyone up. Then at 6am, the lorry arrived to water the plants (we think) and do general maintenance. It kept its engine running for 6 hours on Wednesday. This happened twice more. Also, the apartments next door, but within the same complex are privately owned, and we spent 3 nights being serenaded by some bloke on his guitar till 3am. Oh, and his kids screaming blue murder (probably because they desperately wanted to go to bed) and running up and down the shared outer corridors.
Take 20 euros for the safe too - you get 10 back, but it's still a lot in my opinion.
Now the positives. It's right on the lovely harbour, with a little beach a stones throw away. Also the pool is just across the road. It's again a very tired pool, but served us well, and the natural swimming pool was lovely too.
Would we go back? No.
Would we go back to Los Gigantes? Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, welcoming and just a short walk to the resort centre, the Poblado Marinero Apartments are an ideal base from which to enjoy your surroundings. In fact, staying here is all about location. Not only are you just 100 metres from resort, but closer still you’ll find the nearest shops, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Poblado Marinero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Tenerife
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Hotel Tenerife
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Los Gigantes, Tenerife