“Has been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sa Paissa

Sa Paissa
Ranked #17 of 27 Restaurants in Cala'n Porter
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Has been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just opened for the new season we went in on its second night of opening. We had been waiting all week to see if it would open before we left for home as the kids all loved it on previous visits to Menorca. It has a great menu with a special three course meal with drinks for an all in price, I think it was 16 euros. This menu has a good variety of meals that would suit most people and a variety of drinks (we had 1/2 bottle of wine each).
The service could have been better as they ordered me the wrong meal but this was soon rectified, it's all done by computer these days. I wouldn't recommend the shoulder of Lamb as the portion was small and not a patch on that served earlier in the week at Bar Pons. However the other seven in our party enjoyed their choices. We had a good time all capped off with some liqueurs on the house.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank edgarwilliam

Morden, United Kingdom
“Fish was too oily”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I thought the sea bass was grilled as advertised but it was clearly deep fried, I was ill later in the evening.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lorraine W
West Midlands , England
“Very Reasonable, Varied Menu, Good Location, Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had a week in Cala n Porter in late September. This is at the centre of the small town of CnP. Found it to be very good, lots of choice and reasonably priced. Also an ideal place to sit and watch the people go by. Not cordon bleu, admittedly, but all we needed.

• Visited September 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“I'm full up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Just got home from having the 3 course special. Went with wife (not a huge eater) and 2 of our lads (19 & 15 who do eat a lot). I was worried, having read some of the bad reviews as we've been here on our previous visits to CnP in 2006 & 2008. I shouldn't have worried; it was excellent value. Yes the veg is not hand prepared etc. but overall, come on, it's €15! I had the mussels to start...lovely. Then the cod au gratin...fish was excellent, fresh & white (I'm from Grimsby originally so know my fish). Then some lovely tiramisu for pudding (not dessert...I'm from oop North, remember) and a lovely touch was a shot of peach or apple schnapps(?) which we weren't expecting. The wine with the meal was perfectly acceptable too. And we were all full, what more can you ask? Waitress was lovely too...just wish I could have put a bigger tip in but we're just about out of funds as going home Friday :-(

Thanks everyone and we hope to see you again on our next visit to CnP!

2 Thank Chapperz1973
“Lower your expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

The service was good - fast efficient and polite despite the waitress being the only server for the whole place.
Sadly the food was very average. Cheap enough, but thoroughly brit-ified. The veg is not cooked to order, just scooped out a big bucket. The meat was okay, but not great. If you want to really enjoy a meal look elsewhere. If you need something to fill a hole and want to get it cheap it may suit you.