“Very enjoyable stay”
Review of Club Menorca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala'n Porter
Club Menorca
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cala'n Porter
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was my second year staying at Club Menorca & again I had a wonderful time. The room was clean & tidy, the views from my balcony & the terraces were spectacular & the hospitality of my hosts was excellent. The food was very appetising & highly enjoyable, so what more could I ask for a great holiday - nothing!!
Looking forward to staying there again next year already!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Howard M

Reviewed 29 September 2013

just spent a week at Club Menorca. - the place has the most STUNNING views on calan porter. i could see the sea and the beach whilst lying in my bed!
Yes the place is basic but for the price what do you expect - the staff are lovely and friendly - i admit a little forgetful at times, i did inform someone that i had no hot water on the first evening, but clearly she forgot to inform Peter. When i told Terry the next morning Peter came immediately to sort it. I personally would like a fridge in my room to keep my water cool, and take a travel kettle as no tea/coffee making facility in the room. I honestly would stay here again, if they had a fridge! the bed is big, the shower, basic but at least not a horrible curtain!, and both bathroom and bedroom are spacious - yes there is no maid service, but again for the price what do you expect - tidy up after yourself.
All i can say is i enjoyed my week at Club Menorca and if they put a fridge in the room i would return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

First of all, allow me to begin by thanking Peter and the rest of the staff at Club Menorca for their hospitality. Everyday that my husband I were there was filled with attentiveness and welcome by them. As well yes delicious food!
The clubhouse, which is charming, bright and airy and blessed with fantastic views of the cove, is truly a hidden jewel in Menorca. My husband and I stayed there for 5 nights, and not a day went by that we we did not enjoy our stay there.
I'll be honest, having read the reviews prior to our arrival, we were a bit apprehensive, but we thought how bad can it be? And we were quite shocked to find that the reviews had been grossly exaggerated! The clubhouse is clean, smells perfectly fine (in that there is no smell!) and absolutely perfect and economical!
Yes there is no daily cleaning service, but if one has read the reviews and is mentally prepared for that fact, well then tidy up after yourself! We had a huge double bedroom, a balcony with a gorgeous view and lovely hosts...and all for a great price!
My husband and I seriously considered that there might be a conspiracy to discredit the establishment because it was wonderful as far as we were concerned. We requested a late check-out as our flight was at night, and were allowed use of our room till we left for the airport. I forgot my keys there, and Peter is kindly mailing them to me in Germany!
Thank you so much for everything, and please know better that you have life-long patrons in us!
Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nabah_Ali_Saad
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have just returned from a 6 night stay in the family room in Club Menorca and as a result of some of the recent and previous reviews, I feel it necessary to comment. This place is not the Ritz or 5 star luxury accommodation but your not paying for that when you book at Club Menorca. Yes the place is a little tired and could do with a lick of paint, there are parts that attention to detail could be improved upon, such as waiting times and the odd cobweb here and there, but our room was spotless on arrival, yes it has grout missing in some tiles, the shower is dated but, so what! Get a grip people you get what you pay for simple as,, the hospitality towards ourselves was excellent from hotel manager Peter, he couldn't do enough his team were all friendly and made us feel welcome nothing was too much trouble, The only thing I would say is that listening to some other guests maybe attentiveness on serving could be sped up, but after talking with Peter he has this on his list of improvements. For the cost of this holiday it does what it says on the tin, a room only service, with an outstanding view to die for when you wake up each morning. I would not have missed this place and if you are looking for low budget then I suggest you give the place a try. Thank you Peter and the team for all the cups of teas and especially the scrambled egg... yummy.. if on the same budget again I wouldn't hesitate to come back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vic B
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from Club Menorca hotel and had a wonderful week. We were very apprehensive due to some of the poor reviews however we had a different experience.

Obviously the views over the sea are amazing however it was the helpfulness and friendly nature of Peter, Terry, Tracy and Jan that helped to make the holiday. Nothing was too much trouble. Definitely 5 star service.

Breakfast was simple however the cooked breakfast was excellent and far superior to the heated buffet in the hotel round the corner.

Our room on the lower floor was clean and the sheets and towels changed midweek.

Peter lent us snorkles and a parasol for the beach which was useful. He even bought a plug adapter that we could use as I had forgotten ours.

Our only negative comments would be that the beds are not particularly comfortable and the bathrooms really need to be upgraded and retiled.

The hotel is basic however offers amazing views, delightful staff, good food and i think good value for money.

We would return.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

When we arrived at the apartments, there was no greeting and no one around to show us to our room.

Terry finally appearared but it was night time and he did not know where the light was to show us to the lower level. The lack of lighting helped, as we were unable to see the flies which were hovering at the bottom of the stairs and the badly kept "sunbathing terrace". The place smelt odd and unpleasant; this continued all week. We had to descend the stairs in darkness with our suitcases.

We went to breakfast on the first morning and this was terrible value for money. We were charged 20 euros for some toast, two small packaged croissants and two eggs on toast. None of the food was very nice and the tea was appalling. We went to Sa Paissa for our breakfast every other day, which was much better value for money and a much better place to eat, with friendly staff and nice food!

In the morning, we also managed to see the so called "sunbathing terrace". This seemed to be a health and safety hazard. The barrier (over the cliff) was crumbling and seemed as though it would break if someone lent on it too heavily. There were dirty beer bottles and leftover food outside, as well as a broken light on the floor.

Our bathroom was in an awful state. There was white powder all over the shelves, hair on the floor and dirt everywhere. The shower was broken and was never fixed. The bedrooms were not much better, my daughter had a stain on her sheet and the wardrobes and drawers were all filthy. The beds were not attached to the headboard so they made constant noise. The beds were so old that one could not move at night without it tipping over (as happened to my husband!) Terry told us that there would be a midweek clean but this did not happen, he then tried to tell me that he couldn't clean because my son was asleep, when I do not even have a son! All they did was throw some new towels on the bed and leave. We had to buy cleaning products ourselves because it was so disgusting we were getting ants in the room.

We asked Terry on Tuesday if we could keep our room until 6.30pm on Saturday, as we had a late flight. He did not seem to have any clue who we were or which room we were staying in, but when he finally sorted himself out (on his ropey bit of paper which he used as an organiser) he said this would be fine and we could keep either room. When I checked this with him on Friday, he then said he had given the room away and there was now nowhere for us to stay, not even a room to shower. We had to go to the airport at midday for a flight which left at 9.45pm, as we had nowhere for our bags.

We have never stayed in a place so dirty and smelly. We would never consider going there again
because of this terrible experience and would advise others to avoid staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I knew going into this stay that the rooms would not be the ideal but I was willing to look past that for the amazing location and view. However, the service was awful! Even though we had booked our trip months in advance (and had even confirmed it too) when we showed up the first day they were surprised that three people were there instead of two. Because of this I had to put the sheets on my own bed (which was actually a couch). I also never received a large towel only a small face towel for the full duration of my trip, even though I had asked on two different occasions (to put this in perspective we were only there two nights). When we checked in, there was no one to greet us or even tell us we were in the right place. When we finally did check in the man, Terry was incredibly rude and unwelcoming, this continued for the duration of our stay. We were so upset that even though we had heard good things about the restaurant we refused to eat there to avoid giving them even more of our money. We knew that the rooms would not be ideal but we did not expect the rudeness we experienced as well as feeling unwelcomed. I would not suggest staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel Artiem Capri Menorca
Hotel Sa Barrera
Hotel Sa Barrera
#2 of 8 in Cala'n Porter

Been to Club Menorca? Share your experiences!