“Another return visit to Club Menorca”
Review of Club Menorca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala'n Porter
Club Menorca
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cala'n Porter
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have visited Club Menorca again this year in September and once again had a fantastic holiday which is due in large part to the hospitality and friendliness of all the staff. Peter goes out of his way to make guests feel welcome and generally it feels like one big happy family ~ a very relaxing atmosphere with the staff feeling like friends. Nothing is too much trouble ~ Peter, Terry, Tracey and Jan were wonderful hosts and excellent company to be with.
Our room was clean and tidy and when you stay at Club Menorca, you do not expect 5 star luxury for the price paid. However, what you do get is so much more. Good hosts, good food, congenial atmosphere and stunning views. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and those who feel stressed by having to wait just a little bit longer than they might have expected for some service or another, should take a deep breath and just enjoy the scenery and relax! Thank you Peter for another good holiday and good luck with your plans for future development of Club Menorca.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We enjoyed a week here in June & a week in August. Our first time away on our own without the kids! we had a great time on both occasions, yes the place is dated and some paint peeling off and at times service was bit slow but food fantastic (would like to be able to also have tapas after 6pm lovely) and so what if you wait a while, you are on holiday. Room basic but all you need & fantastic views and sun terrace to sun bathe, lovely. We will be returning to meet us with Peter, Terry and rest of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was my second year staying at Club Menorca & again I had a wonderful time. The room was clean & tidy, the views from my balcony & the terraces were spectacular & the hospitality of my hosts was excellent. The food was very appetising & highly enjoyable, so what more could I ask for a great holiday - nothing!!
Looking forward to staying there again next year already!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Howard M
Reviewed 29 September 2013

just spent a week at Club Menorca. - the place has the most STUNNING views on calan porter. i could see the sea and the beach whilst lying in my bed!
Yes the place is basic but for the price what do you expect - the staff are lovely and friendly - i admit a little forgetful at times, i did inform someone that i had no hot water on the first evening, but clearly she forgot to inform Peter. When i told Terry the next morning Peter came immediately to sort it. I personally would like a fridge in my room to keep my water cool, and take a travel kettle as no tea/coffee making facility in the room. I honestly would stay here again, if they had a fridge! the bed is big, the shower, basic but at least not a horrible curtain!, and both bathroom and bedroom are spacious - yes there is no maid service, but again for the price what do you expect - tidy up after yourself.
All i can say is i enjoyed my week at Club Menorca and if they put a fridge in the room i would return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

First of all, allow me to begin by thanking Peter and the rest of the staff at Club Menorca for their hospitality. Everyday that my husband I were there was filled with attentiveness and welcome by them. As well yes delicious food!
The clubhouse, which is charming, bright and airy and blessed with fantastic views of the cove, is truly a hidden jewel in Menorca. My husband and I stayed there for 5 nights, and not a day went by that we we did not enjoy our stay there.
I'll be honest, having read the reviews prior to our arrival, we were a bit apprehensive, but we thought how bad can it be? And we were quite shocked to find that the reviews had been grossly exaggerated! The clubhouse is clean, smells perfectly fine (in that there is no smell!) and absolutely perfect and economical!
Yes there is no daily cleaning service, but if one has read the reviews and is mentally prepared for that fact, well then tidy up after yourself! We had a huge double bedroom, a balcony with a gorgeous view and lovely hosts...and all for a great price!
My husband and I seriously considered that there might be a conspiracy to discredit the establishment because it was wonderful as far as we were concerned. We requested a late check-out as our flight was at night, and were allowed use of our room till we left for the airport. I forgot my keys there, and Peter is kindly mailing them to me in Germany!
Thank you so much for everything, and please know better that you have life-long patrons in us!
Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nabah_Ali_Saad
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have just returned from a 6 night stay in the family room in Club Menorca and as a result of some of the recent and previous reviews, I feel it necessary to comment. This place is not the Ritz or 5 star luxury accommodation but your not paying for that when you book at Club Menorca. Yes the place is a little tired and could do with a lick of paint, there are parts that attention to detail could be improved upon, such as waiting times and the odd cobweb here and there, but our room was spotless on arrival, yes it has grout missing in some tiles, the shower is dated but, so what! Get a grip people you get what you pay for simple as,, the hospitality towards ourselves was excellent from hotel manager Peter, he couldn't do enough his team were all friendly and made us feel welcome nothing was too much trouble, The only thing I would say is that listening to some other guests maybe attentiveness on serving could be sped up, but after talking with Peter he has this on his list of improvements. For the cost of this holiday it does what it says on the tin, a room only service, with an outstanding view to die for when you wake up each morning. I would not have missed this place and if you are looking for low budget then I suggest you give the place a try. Thank you Peter and the team for all the cups of teas and especially the scrambled egg... yummy.. if on the same budget again I wouldn't hesitate to come back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vic B
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from Club Menorca hotel and had a wonderful week. We were very apprehensive due to some of the poor reviews however we had a different experience.

Obviously the views over the sea are amazing however it was the helpfulness and friendly nature of Peter, Terry, Tracy and Jan that helped to make the holiday. Nothing was too much trouble. Definitely 5 star service.

Breakfast was simple however the cooked breakfast was excellent and far superior to the heated buffet in the hotel round the corner.

Our room on the lower floor was clean and the sheets and towels changed midweek.

Peter lent us snorkles and a parasol for the beach which was useful. He even bought a plug adapter that we could use as I had forgotten ours.

Our only negative comments would be that the beds are not particularly comfortable and the bathrooms really need to be upgraded and retiled.

The hotel is basic however offers amazing views, delightful staff, good food and i think good value for money.

We would return.

Sa Paissa
Sa Paissa
#6 of 8 in Cala'n Porter
Sol Milanos Pinguinos

Been to Club Menorca? Share your experiences!