“It's a sin!!!!!”
Review of Club Menorca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala'n Porter
Club Menorca
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cala'n Porter
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just arrived back from menorca, of which I am a big fan, having had many lovely holiday there, to my delight it was beautiful everywhere, and so clean. We stayed in fabulous apartments, Dos Manos in calan porter, with a view to die for. The food everywhere was fabulous, much improved since my last visit, far more choice and much more use of salads and vegetables. My friend and were sitting writing in the comments book on the last day, thanking the owner for a fab stay, when we looked across at Club menorca and I suggested we go there for lunch as my friend has never been there. Up the hill we walked then down the steps, where we met a lady, obviously English coming out of a door, she somehow made us unsure, so I asked if club was open for lunch, to which she said yes, with such little enthusiasm we assumed she was a tourist who just didn't want to be bothered by other tourists, fair enough!! The place was deserted and immediately we were struck by the incredible view which is truly spectacular. It was definitely an occasion for our first beer of the day. We sat at a table and eventually a very odd looking scruffy middle age with long grey hair hanging over her face came towards us, we ordered two beers, she asked large or small, we ordered one of each, she came back with two large. We then asked for the menu, she looked at us so blankly, I felt I had done it in an estate agents!! At this point my friend and I are developing nervous laughter tinged with embarrassment. Whilst looking at the menu, another young Spanish couple take a table, which strangely reasures us. We watch the odd woman take their order for a drink and then bring them to us!!!! The only other people there with two pints of beer in front of us!!!!! My friend and I, at this point are afraid to look at each other, and now unsure of ordering anything, but laziness and the view prevailed!! We settled on whitebait and house salad, which the woman had trouble understanding, though I ordered in Spanish and English, whilst looking at my friend to try in perhaps her more understandable accent, and some olives to start!! Incidentally, the beer didn't taste right, it was flat and, well like us now really!! The olives came and they were hot??.....floating in stagnant pond water, that looked like it had been in for years, we decided these were very dodgy and left them but did eat the sliced stale bread. The whitebait were tinned, and six displayed in a circle on a saucer, somehow made me feel sad for them. The salad had bits of dried apricot, we think, and looked , like us, tired...it was all very disappointing, and we felt full of remorse for such an establishment to be treated so badly. Some man came to clear the table, and he was amicable enough but we were deflated by then and afraid he would ask if the food was good, and well it was our last day and we just wanted to get out!! The inside smelt of cat pee and the lady we met at the door did in fact work there, so her enthusiasm summed up the whole place. I have never written a review before but felt so strongly, as they are letting Menorca down, every Spanish run establishment was thoroughly lovely. Please don't anyone spend their hard earned money in this place, give it to the hard working Menorcians that deserve it!! It is a hotel and I would be mortified if I took my family there for a fortnight, so I hope this stops anyone doing that!! ..........sadly back home, listening to the rain.......happy holiday!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Margaret J

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I wasn't going to write a review about this establishment because I'm not a mean or negative person but I came across the photos I took of the room from our stay & I actually cannot believe how bad they are.

The room was dirty when we arrived, my husband had to clean the whole place as much as possible. There was damp/mould on the walls in both the bedroom & bathroom. The toilet leaked every time you flushed it and the bathroom smelt of wee & damp.

The worst thing that happened to me on our stay was the camp bed (they are not proper beds in the twin rooms) tipping over, I fell out of it & the bed ended up on top of me. I was badly bruised & in floods of tears, I felt unable to sleep for the rest of my holiday for fear of it happening again. Every time I tried to turn over the bed tipped over, I feel this is a real danger!

From the moment we walked in the whole place smelt like cat pee, there were flies everywhere & it is the most run down place we have ever stayed. Yes ok the view is to die for but thats all this place has going for it. All I wanted was a clean room not too much to ask not matter what the price!

As I said I hate to be negative but think my photos speak volumes!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pinkbunnytail
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The place is nice, lovely little beach (lots of stairs though). Ideal for families. A few nice restaurants, although bars are a bit sparse. Prices everywhere are reasonable. Only 10 mins from airport.
All in all, this is all you need for a cheap break away. Mind you, not sure there is enough here to last more than a week unless you really do love to do nothing on your hols

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our first visit to Menorca,a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Peter and all the staff at Club Menorca could not have been more friendly and hospitable.The accommodation was clean and tidy, the food was good and the views from the terrace were stunning. The weather was kind to us with plenty of warm sunshine and, at this time of year, the resort was extremely quiet and peaceful which is something we really appreciate on holiday.The beach was very clean and within walking distance of the hotel, the sea temperature was lovely and cheap local car hire and a reliable bus service enabled us to see more of this unspoilt island. The holiday was great value and as relaxing as we could possibly wish for. We're sure to return at some point.

Room Tip: It appeared that all rooms enjoy an excellent sea view.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 902Simon
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have visited Club Menorca again this year in September and once again had a fantastic holiday which is due in large part to the hospitality and friendliness of all the staff. Peter goes out of his way to make guests feel welcome and generally it feels like one big happy family ~ a very relaxing atmosphere with the staff feeling like friends. Nothing is too much trouble ~ Peter, Terry, Tracey and Jan were wonderful hosts and excellent company to be with.
Our room was clean and tidy and when you stay at Club Menorca, you do not expect 5 star luxury for the price paid. However, what you do get is so much more. Good hosts, good food, congenial atmosphere and stunning views. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and those who feel stressed by having to wait just a little bit longer than they might have expected for some service or another, should take a deep breath and just enjoy the scenery and relax! Thank you Peter for another good holiday and good luck with your plans for future development of Club Menorca.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We enjoyed a week here in June & a week in August. Our first time away on our own without the kids! we had a great time on both occasions, yes the place is dated and some paint peeling off and at times service was bit slow but food fantastic (would like to be able to also have tapas after 6pm lovely) and so what if you wait a while, you are on holiday. Room basic but all you need & fantastic views and sun terrace to sun bathe, lovely. We will be returning to meet us with Peter, Terry and rest of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was my second year staying at Club Menorca & again I had a wonderful time. The room was clean & tidy, the views from my balcony & the terraces were spectacular & the hospitality of my hosts was excellent. The food was very appetising & highly enjoyable, so what more could I ask for a great holiday - nothing!!
Looking forward to staying there again next year already!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Sol Milanos Pinguinos
Hotel Sa Barrera
Hotel Sa Barrera
#2 of 8 in Cala'n Porter

Been to Club Menorca? Share your experiences!