All reviews bread one night home made high quality local food dinner table long table great atmosphere e bike amazing food floor heating set menu great dinner comfortable bed comfortable lounge area cooked to perfection dining room
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Not the cheapest one, but it is worth. We had a lovely warm welcome, a spacy room and a fantastic dinner as a special breakfast. The only thing we would modify: the possibility to darkening the room, we had no opportunity to cover up the windows.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
KristineR85, Hostess at Hotel Aak, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

I am glad you are happy even if it costs a bit :) When we want it to be special in many ways, "the ingredients" also often cost a bit moren than the "normal stuff". I am glad it was worth it.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night during our round trip of the fjords. We had an impression of the hotel from the website but in real this hotel is much better. The rooms are rather small but very nicely furnitured, a modern bathroom (with rosemary shower gel and body scrub) with floor heating and a king size bed. We booked a room with a view, but the view was the neighbours house. The hostess of the hotel (Kristina) immediately compensated this by offering us an extra course to the dinner and a bottle of wine.
The real charm of the hotel is the concept of the dining room: dinner and breakfast are served at large tables, were your place is indicated with the name of your room. You sit together with other guest, which makes dinner a very social and informal happening, where you can share experiences with other people. The food is VERY good and tasty, the service very friendly and the atmosphere is just soo relaxing. We highly recommend this place for its authenticity, quality and comfort!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

I am glad you ahd a good stay! I LOVE HAPPY guests :) I am also very glad you told me about the view. Now we changed this room into a "no view". In the summer it is also much trees so you dont see anything (in the winter you do). Hope we meet again!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a very warm feeling to it. The room is clean. I can smell the freshness of the cleaned sheets. Bathroom is very spacious! The most comfortable bed I had slept throughout my whole trip! Breakfast is home made and taste superb!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I am glad to read you had a good stay. Means everything! Yes, it something with the beds. Dont know what it is, but a lot of our guests sleep very good. Thank you to Wonderland, they makes the beds. (Local buisness).

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Usually, when I go to a hotel it is quite impersonal. But this one! It is so personal. It is winter right now and just stunning. The food is lovely, it is scenic, and has such a cozy/relaxing atmosphere. It's almost lodge-like. If you're in this area, you should absolutely stay here. You will literally be immersed in mountains. The staff is so sweet and helpful. There is a bar, so you can take a glass wine or beer to the fire. I imagine it is even better in the summer. I told my husband this place should be our getaway from all the busyness!
One more thing- I usually hate most hotel decor. It's all the same to me. But this place has put their heart into decorating and designing. There is a lot of small unique touches! Love it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you! I am so glad you had a good stay. Hope you will come back one time! You are welcome any time. We and and the mountains will not disappear ;)

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Other reviewers have already sung the praises of this delightful family-run hotel in the heart of a great outdoor adventure staging area. This is the place you want to return to after a day of hiking, climbing, biking, or sight-seeing. The food is amazing - fresh and local, cooked to perfection. Though you do not have to take dinner here, there really is not a better place to eat in the area. Breakfasts are equally stunning, with fresh fruit and breads, home-made jams, and strong coffee. I would return to Norway just to stay here for a week and eat their food and sit on their lawn and read a book or two, surrounded by amazing views of the surrounding jagged peaks. At night, after a most satisfying dinner, I would take my whisky to the lawn and watch the sun set on the distant mountains. Stay here. Eat here. It's a real treat!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
KristineR85, Hostess at Hotel Aak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Wow! Thank you so much. My heart melts! It really gives inspiration to keep up the good work. AND I must say thank you to my staff that work hard every day to make your stay unforgettable. I hope you will come back soon, you are very welcome ;) Best regards Kristine